Update on Inventory, BOM software?

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
chrisjx

Update on Inventory, BOM software?

Post by chrisjx »

I've looked through the forums for advice about inventory/BOM software and wondering if anyone has had any success with finding an open source alternative.

What I would hope to find is a simple PHP web app where we could enter our assembly BOMs (includes more than pcb assemblies) and track it with our inventory/supplier lists. We'd know how many LEDs, resistors, boxes, panels, screws to order to get our 15 widgets built.

We don't have a lot of hardware development so an SAP type of solution would be overkill. However, we seem to be straining a bit with our spreadsheets.

We need to be self hosted so public hosted sites won't work.

BTW, I found the term "banned" in my search here. What does that mean?

e.g: "you can ban boxes of banned from production"
(http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.ph ... &hilit=ban)

Thanks,
Chris.

chrisjx

Re: Update on Inventory, BOM software?

Post by chrisjx »

OK, perhaps not an interesting subject... perhaps a lot of folks are successfully using spreadsheets?

IF there was an open source parts/inventory/bom/vendor/order system, would anybody be interested? If so, and thinking here in terms of OO design, what would be the primary objects? Like Parts, BOMs, Vendors, Orders, etc.?

I'm thinking of a php framework like CakePHP...

Thoughts?

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”