Maintaining Standards

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
tinkerelectric

Maintaining Standards

Post by tinkerelectric »

Hi Team!
I am looking at developing consumer kits/products and want to know your input on standards. My concern is that if you are giving someone a kit or product what standard do you need to comply with to ensure it doesn't hurt people/property. I am producing a clock that has a wooden box. I have tested it extensively but the 1 in 1000 chance concerns me.

LEDs in box do not get very warm, though I found that MDF may ignite after 'months' of exposure to higher temps.
The power supply is a 12v 1.5A wallwart provided by another company. Wiring inside the unit are all to spec.

Currently my mitigation is to extend my trial and to dowse the wood in flame retardant.

Is there something like CE that it should be certified to? (PS I am in Australia)

Your input is most appreciated, thank you.
-John

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Maintaining Standards

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Hi - we don't give advice like that on this forum:
Forum rules

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”