anyone got a motu 828 MK2 ?

Trading post for x0xen, x0x parts, axles, pelts and tobacco

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
phono

anyone got a motu 828 MK2 ?

Post by phono »

Im looking for one, ive got some things i could trade for it so if you have a spare one (or perhaps a comparable firewire interface) you want to get rid of drop me a pm please 8)

computer controlled

Re: anyone got a motu 828 MK2 ?

Post by computer controlled »

Heh, looks like we're all looking for these now =o] I just got a 1224 interface, waiting on my 2408 and PCI-324 to get here. Hopefully the card works in my system. Otherwise i'm screwed =o]

phono

Post by phono »

ended up taking a loan and buying an 828 mk3 :|

e:pp:ik

Post by e:pp:ik »

I bought a 2408 new when it came out. I still run it and it's fantastic to this day.

exactspace

Post by exactspace »

I have an 828 mk2, and it's been working great for me! You can make 4 separate "Cuemixes" which can be headphone mixes or mixes that go to outboard effects all internally without the need of any software. However, there is a Cuemix Console program that helps you do this easier. It's a great 10x8 1/4" interface, not to mention it also has ADAT and S/PDIF. The 1x1 midi in/out also comes in handy. :D

My only gripe on the production of the interface is that a lot of them got returned for having LCD screens that go dead. I used to work at MOTU and this was like 60% of my calls.. just a fair warning.

phono

Post by phono »

exactspace wrote:I have an 828 mk2, and it's been working great for me! You can make 4 separate "Cuemixes" which can be headphone mixes or mixes that go to outboard effects all internally without the need of any software. However, there is a Cuemix Console program that helps you do this easier. It's a great 10x8 1/4" interface, not to mention it also has ADAT and S/PDIF. The 1x1 midi in/out also comes in handy. :D

My only gripe on the production of the interface is that a lot of them got returned for having LCD screens that go dead. I used to work at MOTU and this was like 60% of my calls.. just a fair warning.
i have a mk3 here now and its got 3 year warranty so should cover me if the screen goes bad (not that i actually use the screen much)

exactspace

Post by exactspace »

phono wrote:
exactspace wrote:I have an 828 mk2, and it's been working great for me! You can make 4 separate "Cuemixes" which can be headphone mixes or mixes that go to outboard effects all internally without the need of any software. However, there is a Cuemix Console program that helps you do this easier. It's a great 10x8 1/4" interface, not to mention it also has ADAT and S/PDIF. The 1x1 midi in/out also comes in handy. :D

i have a mk3 here now and its got 3 year warranty so should cover me if the screen goes bad (not that i actually use the screen much)
You should be fine.. it was mainly an MK2 problem. Plus it didn't cost anything to get it repaired by MOTU because it was so common.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0x shop”