Touched-By-Sound: Anyone have any experience with them?

Trading post for x0xen, x0x parts, axles, pelts and tobacco

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Luap

Re: Touched-By-Sound: Anyone have any experience with them?

Post by Luap »

Mylo wrote:They told me it made with theoriginal parts from the kit ....asi said no ,they told me that they have recived this parts and this pcb's from adafruit ...... LIARS
I've been curious about the ModeMachines x0xb0xes, and wondered if they are actually the same as the TT ones. Can you post a picture of the PCB? Or can you at least tell us what name/brand is printed on the PCB?
Adafruit PCB's are/were labelled on the bottom left corner.

Im not an expert, but the parts seem ok, if not as optimal as some people would prefer..

Mylo

Post by Mylo »

So the main pcb at the left corner labeled
XOX MBLO
ROLLIN-MOSS

THE 1/0 pcb is labeled
MJB1ROLLIN

Its also not the stock pcb for sure bcoz the on/off switch is added without cutting a trace

as u said the parts seem ok but there is the q28 that is a K118 instead of a K30AO
The 1815's ok they r in some of the 303's also
The C536's there r only 2 F's why so ever with the kit there are all the 536 shipped as F's
Also the A773 i have all K's with the stock xox kit its A733P's
The C1583 are also no 42g its all different ones in mine the q12is a 82f the q21 is a 3zf and q26 is a 4xr
The C2291 is also no 43f its a 11f

Dunno how important it is for the sound (the letters and The numbers behind the type of the transistors) i dont feel like my cutoff or resonance are not working properly
By the way i did some mods but i am always able to switch it stock
And the muffler did not work with my xox box i tried various diodes led's and all the stuff but never made it to work when i connect the one led to + of the capacitor c38 the led lights up and the sound cuts off when i connect it to the minus nothing happens also wehn i connect it to vr8 still nothing happens
But my xox has nothing to do with the one from adafruit

The netx thing the q39 is called in my xox !!!!Q3S!!!!

Luap

Post by Luap »

Sorry I can't help you more with your component questions, but there are plenty of people around that probably can, im sure.
But thanks for confirming the PCB labelling. It confirms what I suspected. Mode Machines, Technology Transplant = same.

Mylo

Post by Mylo »

Here u got some pictures i made it chek it out
Also the "Q39" here its q3s

http://img203.imageshack.us/g/dsc0668t.jpg/

And r 100a and r 100b they r also missing haha

altitude

Post by altitude »

did it come assembled or was it a kit?

Mylo

Post by Mylo »

Assambled

Luap

Post by Luap »

I thought MM only sold them complete, but apparently they sell kits too. Not surprising now I guess, seeing as they are the same as TT.
They do produce other products too however, including more cloned hardware.
http://www.modemachines.com/en/products/
Mylo wrote: And r 100a and r 100b they r also missing haha
Those are normally 2 tempco's (temperature sensitive resistors used to help stabilise tuning), they run in parallel. I think the original 303 only used 1, but that part was hard to find in the correct value, so the Adafruit design uses 2 alternatives in parallel to get the same resistance (nothing wrong with doing this).
If you look very carefully at your PCB, you'll see 1 side does have the part fitted, but a very small surface mount version instead. It was probably an easier/cheaper part to source. Again, the same thing has been found in TT x0xb0xes also (and now we know TT & MM is the same anyway). It's not a bad part I don't think. However, originally it is meant to sense ambient air temperature. A surface mount version will be more sensitive to PCB temperature instead. Im not sure how much difference it really makes, but if your tuning drifts more than you expected, then this may be responsible.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0x shop”