FS: 4 x x0xb0xes, built and ready to ship

Trading post for x0xen, x0x parts, axles, pelts and tobacco

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
danox574

FS: 4 x x0xb0xes, built and ready to ship

Post by danox574 »

Hello, I've just finished building 3 of these four boxes (1 has been built for about 9 months). These are solid, basic, built x0xb0xes to the original specification -- I am a firm believer in using the box as it was designed rather than upgrading various things because people on the net say it's better, learn the box and then decide what mods you might like to try.

All x0xb0xes:

Original LadyADA specification on all parts, except for the following upgrades:

Vintage 733AP transistors instead of the modern 733P for accuracy, with high beta Q10, Q9, and Q8.
Reliable parts kits purchased from Gaetano in AU, all parts tested and verified before installation.
Non-original part includes the 6110 chip over the 662, because I can't see a reason to use the 662 here.
All DIPs socketed
All 1% resistors
Assembled/tuned/part tested by myself on quality bench equipment to original ladyada kit specification
Grey and red buttons on utility areas for more color

General info:
USB tested working by loading different OSes onto the CPU through the USB port
YOU CHOOSE LadyAda's OS 1.0.5 or sokkos 1.9.1 -- I will load and test before shipping
All audio tested working, including through
All MIDI tested working, including through
Not yet tested: DIN SYNC, because I don't have a cable. Cable is on the way and will arrive next week, so all WILL be tested on DIN SYNC before shipping.
Built one at a time and carefully tested at every step.
Every component tested before installation (I prefer to go slow rather than troubleshoot later)
All parts outside of rare parts sourced through reliable and recommended US vendors -- Digikey, Mouser, McMaster-Carr
Standard rubber POT knobs specified with the kit, these have a great grippy feel
US Power supplies included from McMaster-Carr (120V 9VAC)

Box 1:
Original LadyAda silver panels, purchased ~1 year ago, no longer sold by her
RED diffused LEDs
Standard plastic 16-position switch knobs specified with kit
This box is slightly used, it is the first one I built. It has a few tiny visible scratches on the back panel from blind-plugging and some general handling marks. Well treated and not many hours of use. $535

Box 2:
Original LadyAda silver panels, purchased ~1 year ago, no longer sold by her
GREEN diffused LEDs, easy on the eyes especially in the dark
Standard plastic 16-position switch knobs specified with kit
This box is brand new and only handled for testing. $560

Box 3:
Willzyx black laser etched panels ($23 more than Ladyada's panels)
RED diffused LEDs (as Box 1)
These wicked, metal black 16-position knobs that are feel and look great (slight BANNED from the original plastic)
This box is brand new and only handled for testing. $595

Box 4:
Willzyx black laser etched panels ($23 more than Ladyada's panels)
BLUE diffused LEDs - on the bright side (a slight upcharge from common Red/Green LED colors). They look kind of baby blue in the photo but are a very deep rich LED blue with the diffuser.
These wicked, metal black 16-position knobs that are feel and look great (slight BANNED from the original plastic)
This box is brand new and only handled for testing. $605 (on hold, but if interested, let me know, I haven't been paid yet by a local buyer)

I can take details photos or make a quick movie of anything you are interested in if you need it.

Payment: Paypal with verified address only. US shipping free, International Shipping actual cost of USPS Priority Mail (around $35 to Europe depending on your country). 3% discount for direct wire/money order. I'm sick of giving money to Paypal and if you are too, please take advantage of this.

References: I have never sold anything here, but I have had some good feedback on Roger's dotcom list for modules I have sold and my EBay account is danox -- my feedback is 1735, I registered in 1996, and I have never had a neutral or negative feedback in 14 years.

Warranty: Guaranteed against DOA, no refunds unless the box does not work correctly.

Mods: Not doing any, these are built the way I build them and ready to go out. You can mod them if you wish.

Why: Why not, I like soldering, I had some open time on the bench. I had the parts around. Figured if they go fast, maybe I build more, if not, I won't. I refuse to sell anything for order or pre-sale, I only put gear up for sale when it's ready to ship out. I'm not a professional, I am not stocking or selling these through a store. Rather than take on people's assembly jobs and tying up their hardware on my time, I simply assemble them myself on my time and make them available when ready.

Trades: I like knobby analog pieces but cash is preferred.

Manuals and user support: Sorry, that all is online, please be familiar with the online documentation carefully crafted by the original creators.

Any questions, just ask. The original x0xb0x design is copyright (c) Limor Fried & Adafruit industries.

-Dan

Brassteacher

Re: FS: 4 x x0xb0xes, built and ready to ship

Post by Brassteacher »

Dan, I'm sorry, did you say something about x0xb0xes? I was too busy drooling over the modular in the background... :shock:

danox574

Post by danox574 »

Thanks! Those picking up a x0x in person get to play in the studio!

e:pp:ik

Post by e:pp:ik »

No wonder you're selling! They look so lowly down there :) Would you like them more if they were moved somewhere else in the studio? :)

isak

Post by isak »

danox574 wrote:Thanks! Those picking up a x0x in person get to play in the studio!

wow :shock:
what modules are they? i mean what company?

cheers
Isak E.

danox574

Post by danox574 »

Mostly synthesizers.com -- I have an LFO from MegaOhm, three of the filters are from STG Soundlabs, and there is a digital delay Synthetic Sound Labs. The rest originally started as a 44 space dotcom system.

danox574

Post by danox574 »

Boxes 3 and 4 sold, box 1 and 2 remain here and ready to go out.
-Dan

danox574

Post by danox574 »

Boxes 2, 3, and 4 sold. Box 1 available. Thanks! -Dan

Aguy

Post by Aguy »

Well not anymore, bought #1 awhile ago!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0x shop”