Need xox faceplate

Trading post for x0xen, x0x parts, axles, pelts and tobacco

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Richie909

Need xox faceplate

Post by Richie909 »

Hi. I just purchased aluminium case for xox. There also is faceplate together with case. That faceplate is in silver colour, and design isn't good to me. So I looking for new faceplate. I know few places where I can get another faceplate, but problem is - that faceplate is bigger than standart xox faceplate (faceplate which included together with that case which I purchased is bigger). Here is examples:

This is how bigger faceplate looks:
http://store.chinagoer.com/index.php?ma ... ucts_id=19

...and here is standart xox faceplate (I mean ''standart size'', not design):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tobin/119016065/

AS YOU CAN SEE DIFFERENCE ON THIS FACEPLATES IS: ON BIGGER FACEPLATES SCREW HOLES ISN'T ON THE PLACE WHERE FACEPLATE PROBABLY FINISHES (FACEPLATE STILL GOES DOWN AFTER SCREW HOLES ON BOTTOM HOLES, AND FACEPLATE STILL GOES UP AFTER SCREW HOLES ON TOP HOLES).
ON STANDART XOX FACEPLATES SCREW HOLES ON POSITION WHERE FACEPLATE PROBABLY FINISHES (ON TOP AND BOTTOM).

So... ...my question is: I seen bigger size and standart size faceplates in same design (personally I like 303 design - and I seen that design faceplates in both sizes in pictures on internet), but problem is cause i can find only standart size faceplates to purchase. I can't find any faceplates in bigger size. So, any ideas where I can find faceplates which I need? (please look to pictures, who's don't understand what I trying explain about sizes of faceplates). As I said - I purchased aluminium case for xox (cause I hate that plastic BANNED arround all standart xox), and aluminium case's faceplates is a lit bit bigger than standarts. And as I said - I still seen bigger faceplates in same design as standart faceplates (silver 303 mod design, black 303 mod design, etc., etc., etc.), so ANY IDEAS WHERE I CAN FIND REQUIRED FACEPLATES? Cause I looking for it by searching on Google, but can't find anything. Only faceplates in standart sizes, which don't fit to aluminium case.

Luap

Re: Need xox faceplate

Post by Luap »

Although there are similar cases to the one you have, some with a 303 style design, they are not all the same size. And they don't all have the same fixing points (screw holes). Hence, they are not interchangeable with each other. So you either need to ask the supplier of your case if they have a different face plate designs available, or have one custom made. Or.. Buy an entirely new case with a more suitable design. The x0xsh0p/Substyler ones seem close to what you described..

PS, Standard* ;)

Richie909

Post by Richie909 »

thanks for reply. I don't think that seller got different style faceplates. There was two options, when I bought that aluminium case: 1)buy case including faceplate, 2)buy ready to use XOX (same case, same faceplate, and all stuff inside = XOX). So, yeah - I didn't seen options where I can choose case/faceplate colour, style, when I bought it yesterday. Here is a link, from where I bought it, also there is few pictures, which shows how it looks:

1) Case + faceplate: http://store.chinagoer.com/index.php?ma ... 7v5dchno94

2) Ready to play XOX in same case and faceplate: http://store.chinagoer.com/index.php?ma ... ucts_id=17

Luap

Post by Luap »

I don't think you have many options..
I guess 1 idea, might be to use a vinyl overlay. There used to be 303 style designs of these around.. I think it was these guys that produced them www.customsynth.co.uk
Although they don't appear to be listed on the website. But as you can see, they do custom designs, so perhaps they could make one to fit your existing panel?

Richie909

Post by Richie909 »

Good idea, but will be hard to explain what I need :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0x shop”