Ebay Ready Kits?

Trading post for x0xen, x0x parts, axles, pelts and tobacco

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
daydamusic

Ebay Ready Kits?

Post by daydamusic »

I've been looking at my pricing options and there seems to be a bunch of kits that are all complete with all components necessary for quite a good price - somewhere in the range of $200-$250 per kit. They all seem to be coming from the same seller as well. Here's a link to one of the kits I was looking to purchase that comes with two complete setups (for me and my friend).

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-KITS-x0xb0x-tb-30 ... 953wt_1261

My question is, are these legit? Am I going to get the same quality and sound out of these kits?

If these are not real xoxboxes and I'm not going to get a true 303 sound, than I'd rather just spend the money. I don't want to unless I have to though. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

Luap

Re: Ebay Ready Kits?

Post by Luap »

These are Technology Transplant kits. Or at the very least, it is the same guy (Mode Machines/Touched By Sound also market these). You can read LOTS about them around here if you have a little look around.

But to summarise.. There are better places to get one from, in my opinion ;)
Yes, it might cost you a bit more. But you'll have good quality authentic parts, and none of them will be missing. And even if you did have some issues with your kit, the more well respected suppliers (most of which are around on here) will usually be more than happy to help you out.

Just to name but 2.. Check these suppliers out.
Willzyx essentially took on the x0xb0x from Adafruit, and operates out of Taiwan and ships worldwide.
x0xsh0p is German, and is ideal if you are europe, as you'll have far less shipping/tax headaches, whilst still getting a great kit.
www.willzyx.com
www.x0xsh0p.de

There are a couple more good suppliers of kits too, but their name/urls escape me at the moment! Perhaps other people can chime in with their suggestions for good suppliers of kits?
In the mean time, you won't go wrong with either of the above two I mentioned.

hamburgers

Post by hamburgers »

Luap wrote: http://www.willzyx.com
http://www.x0xsh0p.de

There are a couple more good suppliers of kits too, but their name/urls escape me at the moment! Perhaps other people can chime in with their suggestions for good suppliers of kits?
In the mean time, you won't go wrong with either of the above two I mentioned.
those are the two I'd recommend

daydamusic

Post by daydamusic »

Thanks guys! I'd rather spend the extra $100 and get something that you guys recommend. It's an investment!

kroutshev

Post by kroutshev »

Totally agree with previous recommandations. Someone bring me next week a TT x0xb0x which have many problems, the guy bought it from ebay and there's no warranty.
Bad vendor for sure.
Aciiiiiiiiiiiiiiid :-)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0x shop”