MiniMoog Voltage Controlled Filter and Pre-Amp 'Clone' PCB's

Trading post for x0xen, x0x parts, axles, pelts and tobacco

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Gaetano

MiniMoog Voltage Controlled Filter and Pre-Amp 'Clone' PCB's

Post by Gaetano »

I have made some MiniMoog Voltage Controlled Filter (VCF) and MiniMoog Pre-Amp 'Clones'. If there is anyone else who is interested in some of these, you can post here or PM me on the electro-music forum. The Filters and Pre-Amps are an exact clone of the MiniMoog devices as I wanted 'exact' clones and not MiniMoog like VCFs.

As exact clones therefore, the PCB's use the original TIS97 (NPN) & 4058 (PNP) transistors. These transistors are extremely rare but the boards will be supplied with them (until I run out!).

The only difference between these and the actual MiniMoog VCF and Pre-Amp are, that both each have an 'additional' dual op-amp on their main outputs which adjusts their respective output levels (so as not to get clipping distortion from the op-amp) and additional buffering. To keep them as exact clones however, they both also have a separate un-buffered output like the original, so you do not need to use the op-amp outputs if you do not want to.

They are also powered like the MiniMoog on +-10v rails, and so I have also made a small but robust power supply which can easily power 2 VCFs and 2 Pre-Amps (or more) without any trouble. The power supply PCB is of the simple +78xx ans -79xx kind for which I previously posted the schematic and layout for: http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56461

It can be used with any +78xx and -79xx, but for the VCFs it requires both a +7810 and a -7910.

Note that since there are so many synthesizer formats, I am no providing panels at this time. There is however a picture of my custom VCF / Pre-Amp panel which I designed and had made by Re:Synthesis in the style of their other panels, for which they did a great job. You will have to excuse the bad photos as they were taken by an iPhone then Photoshopped to remove my hand, as my camera did not recover after it's last trip to the seaside!

Since most of the components are generic except for the transistors, the prices are as follows:

Just going to see how much for full kit of parts

OR

I'm open to trades!

They are here as no PM's on Adafruit: http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57491
Attachments
Filter PCB
Filter PCB
VCF.jpg (603.88 KiB) Viewed 2457 times
Panel
Panel
Panel_640.jpg (264.09 KiB) Viewed 2457 times
Wired and Stuffed Boards.
Wired and Stuffed Boards.
Wired_640.jpg (232.32 KiB) Viewed 2457 times

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0x shop”