1200bux for a x0xb0x that doesn't work!!

Trading post for x0xen, x0x parts, axles, pelts and tobacco

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
computer controlled

Post by computer controlled »

guest wrote:in its defense
it has the only decent radio station in the state
Along with WORT in Madison. I used to have a bunch of old Techno mix tapes from Toby Tyler when would DJ on MSOE.

j00lz

Post by j00lz »

Sold for 1,000!!! :shock:

vlady

Post by vlady »

j00lz wrote:Sold for 1,000!!! :shock:
That is incredible!

phono

Post by phono »

one born every minute :shock:

subatomic

Post by subatomic »

didn't a _working_ x0xb0x (the one with the speaker in it) go for much less than that? O.o wow

ok, here's my theory on what's going on.
$1000? why? watch the demo. he's showing off pretty much mods only, with some screaming squelchy stuff no stock x0xb0x does byitself (and i'm guessing the uncomplete x0x doesn't either.) That sound is rather impressive/appealing. And I think would bring a lot of bids. On the other hand, that's kinda really misleading. why did he f*k around so much with only modded sounds? hmmmm.... false advertising

any bets on whoever bought it for $1000 thought it was going to scream when they got it fixed?

My other thought is that, it was obviously broken, and whoever bought it knows what they're doing and thus would know the difference between the two boxes.

Then again, maybe they don't know anything, and think they'll find a tech to fix it (and then will have surprise at no screaming b0x). Or worse, one of us will get propositioned to fix it. Who knows, one of us could have this x0x sitting on our bench sometime soon... (think of 50's B horror movie music here)...

j00lz

Post by j00lz »

If you look at the buyers purchase history, you will see that he appears to know what he is doing, having recently acquired all sorts of vintage music/recording gear for quite a bit of money...

subatomic

Post by subatomic »

amazing it sold for that much, but at least the buyer wasn't duped then...

alex_dubinsky

Post by alex_dubinsky »

haha you guys, check out the feedback history:

T-dubs leaves feedback for Sparky Jul-11 (Positive): Great buyer, fast pay, good emails would sell to any time. ThanX.

Sparky leaves feedback for T-dubs Jul-30 (Negative): Buyer [sic] failed to follow up on failed delivery of item. (Hmm.. I guess Ebay deleted his feedback?)

T-dubs replies Jul-30: I shipped within 24 hours.Forwarded Tracking.Buyer in UK.RECEIVED ITEM FINE.Hmmm

T-dubs follows-up Jul-30: HORRIBLE PERSON.FAILED TO BE HOME FOR PACKAGE AND BLAMES SENDER. NIGHTMARE!

so... um.. T-dubs is a dick for selling broken BANNED without huge "AS-IS -- DOESN'T WORK" everywhere. (In fact he said " I can't explain how amazing this unit is , so please watch the video below." What a fn prick.) And Sparky realized what the listing said and hid out from UPS? Now sparky has +1 feedback and t-dubs -1. All's well that ends well.. I guess.

hamburgers

Post by hamburgers »

alex_dubinsky wrote: so... um.. T-dubs is a dick for selling broken BANNED without huge "AS-IS -- DOESN'T WORK" everywhere. (In fact he said " I can't explain how amazing this unit is , so please watch the video below." What a fn prick.) And Sparky realized what the listing said and hid out from UPS? Now sparky has +1 feedback and t-dubs -1. All's well that ends well.. I guess.
hahaha

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0x shop”