x0xb0x with x0xi0 mod on ebay

Trading post for x0xen, x0x parts, axles, pelts and tobacco

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bcbox

x0xb0x with x0xi0 mod on ebay

Post by bcbox »

You guys have porbably seen I listed a completed x0xb0x with x0xi0 mod on ebay. I'm hoping to recoup a good deal of money on it so I can continue with the top panel mods.

http://cgi.ebay.com/x0xb0x-w-x0xi0-Mod- ... 8774213972

The box is perfect. I documented it while building it. The hardest thing is trying to keep it covered and out of the way until it goes out to a new home. The sound quality is second to none. Perfect saw and square waves, squelchy filter, hand selected VCA with no pops, etc..

There's a bunch of clips on the auction demonstrating all the functions work. Some lame basic clips and some nice ones. I've updates the links with more samples because I'm having so much fun with the box. Check it out if interested.

vlady

Post by vlady »

You got a good price on that bc.
I can't wait to build my next with your tasty I/O

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

thanks vlady,

I think it was a very fair price, it was exactly what I thought it would go for. There's a lot of money on parts and a lot of labor that goes into putting one together as you guys all know. Takign that into consideration it is a very fair price for a perfect assembled box. That was a seriously sweet box, best sounding unit I've had so far, and couldn't look any better. Most importantly to me is that it was assembled properly with good soldering techniques etc.. that would be most important for me if I was buying a kit.

The sad thing for me right now is that I have all these boxes and at this time none of them are mine - I still don't actually have my own x0xb0x :cry: I do have a few 303's and tons of parts so it's only a matter of time!

doug wellington

Post by doug wellington »

You don't have your own??? :shock:

Well, hopefully you won't get so burned out on these things that you give up on having one of your own!

BTW, is that an 8050A I see on your shelf? I thought I was the only guy left on the planet using one of those... I love old gear - seems like the right thing to do to keep it alive... I even scored a Tek 2465A a couple weeks ago... :D

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

no worries about getting burnt - just haven't taken the time to assemble myself one.

yes that's an 8050, just as classic is my hitachi V-212 scope. I love the size. I could use a digital storage scope a lot of times but I've got a few at work.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0x shop”