WTB: Tempo Encoder

Trading post for x0xen, x0x parts, axles, pelts and tobacco

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
computer controlled

WTB: Tempo Encoder

Post by computer controlled »

The one i got, i didn't realize that i'd have to hack it all up to the right size and put a flat spot on it so the knob fits. I don't really have the means to do this, so i'm looking for a proper encoder.

phono

Re: WTB: Tempo Encoder

Post by phono »

are they back ordered still? when i self soruced i used the non click version (which i prefer actually) that was almost the same part number and there was plentiful stock. Apart from the clicks its identical form and usage

computer controlled

They're both back ordered still!

eil

Post by eil »

My solution was to just get different knobs. :P

The knobs I got might be deeper than the "stock" knobs as I didn't have to trim the tempo encoder (I bought the round shaft instead of D-shaft) and at least 2-3 pots were exactly the right length. They much more expensive though: machined aluminum + black paint and an indicator line = something like $1.29 per knob. Will be worth it though, I can't stand plasticky knobs on audio gear. I can look up the part number if anyone's interested.

computer controlled

Anyone?

computer controlled

Digikey has a few in stock, so i was able to order the proper part. Whew =o]

hamburgers

Post by hamburgers »

eil wrote:My solution was to just get different knobs. :P

The knobs I got might be deeper than the "stock" knobs as I didn't have to trim the tempo encoder (I bought the round shaft instead of D-shaft) and at least 2-3 pots were exactly the right length. They much more expensive though: machined aluminum + black paint and an indicator line = something like $1.29 per knob. Will be worth it though, I can't stand plasticky knobs on audio gear. I can look up the part number if anyone's interested.
please do

loydmilligan

Post by loydmilligan »

Wow, that is the first time I have seen the correct encoders avialable...

not anymore

eil

Post by eil »

mome rath wrote:
eil wrote:My solution was to just get different knobs. :P

please do
Mouser part number 450-6009. I just put them on the pots yesterday, though, and they're not suitable. :( The hole diameter is larger than the pot shaft (even the tempo encoder shaft which is metal), so the knobs sort of "wobble" when you turn them because the center of the knob is not the same as the center of the pot. We need to start a knobs thread or something.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0x shop”