Self Sourced Full Kits for sale

Trading post for x0xen, x0x parts, axles, pelts and tobacco

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
loydmilligan

Self Sourced Full Kits for sale

Post by loydmilligan »

For a few months now I have been self sourcing and then building and selling x0xb0xen on ebay. Usually one or two per week. Seeing as how I usually have the parts for two or three x0x at any given time I thought that I would also offer un-built kits for sale. This kit will included every part necessary to build a x0xb0x from scratch including the pcbs with prebuilt usb section. The kit will included all 'rare' parts and all non rare parts. The kit will be organized by section according to the fab manual (ie all parts for the power supply section will be grouped together and labeled by value and part number). Anyone who has built a x0xb0x can tell you that this is an important step in the build and can be pretty time consuming. I need to mention that this kit is not an official adafruit kit and does not come with a tag or a serial number and it will not be supported by these forums or Limor. If you need support you can email me directly and I will do my best to answer your question (First time builders take warning - I am only offering this kit as a service to those that do not want to take on the task of sourcing the parts themselves...if you have trouble with the build I may not be able to help you!!). I also need to mention that I will only be offering these when there are no kits available in the adafruit shop.

The cost of this kit will be $510* shipped to the US and $530 shipped outside of US.

or

**$327 Shipped to the US for everything except for the adafruit parts, the usb section of the IO board, and the mcmaster parts. $347 shipped outside of US.

If you are interested PM me with your paypal email address and physical address. I will start a list and when I gather the parts for one kit I will email the person on the top of the list and send a payment request. That person will have 24 hours to pay then I will move on. Keep in mind that I am talking one or perhaps two kits per week and it is possible with delays in shipping, parts out of stock, etc. that I may not have any available for months at a time. So be patient.

I am sure there a some details I am leaving out, if you have any question feel free to ask and I will respond to the best of my ability.

*these prices are based on the current costs of all components...if the cost of components changes substantially I will have to change the selling price, I will post any changes in this thread.

**this is simply 510 minus the cost of the adafruit parts and the mcmaster parts.
Last edited by loydmilligan on Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bleepsnbreaks

Re: Self Sourced Full Kits for sale

Post by bleepsnbreaks »

With the current wait on kits and the cost of shipping from multiple sources to New Zealand for self sourcing I would be really keen but just dont have the cash at the moment. Do you see yourself selling these for a while?
Would you be able to make it cheaper is if someone already had the rare parts? (as I do)

loydmilligan

Post by loydmilligan »

I am not sure how long I will offer this, probably until I get tired of building these. I would say for 6 months minimum. But keep in mind, I will not be offering anything while there are kits available in the adafruit shop. Just contact me when you are ready to order and we will work out the details. As far as taking out the rare parts, that would be no problem. I bought the rare parts for $80 so go ahead and subtract $80 from the total (530 to new zealand). Thanks for the question and look forward to hearing from you.

bleepsnbreaks

Post by bleepsnbreaks »

Thanks for the response, it will be well within 6 months, just a bit broke at the moment :)
Another question, will you be using the PCBs and panels from adafruit or do you etc your own PCBs and cut your own faceplates?

computer controlled

Post by computer controlled »

I think it's a great idea and would probably buy at least one kit from you if not more. =o]

loydmilligan

Post by loydmilligan »

Just a heads up, I edited the first post above to reflect an offering of a reduced kit that includes everything but the adafruit and the mcmaster parts for 327 shipped.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0x shop”