UK parts supplier needed.

Trading post for x0xen, x0x parts, axles, pelts and tobacco

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mr aize

UK parts supplier needed.

Post by mr aize »

Hi all. I've just ordered the rare parts from Gaetano:
1 x BA6110 Rohm OTA (9-SIP)
2 x AN6562 (8-DIP) Panasonic Dual Op-Amps
('Real' Panasonic brand AN6562's, see the rare parts list for picture.).
1 x 2SC2291 (5-SIP) Common Base Transistor.
3 x 2SC1583 (5-SIP) Common Emitter Transistors.
1 x 2SK30A(Y) TO-92 FET <- Both needed for original Sound
1 x 2SK30A(O) TO-92 FET <- Both needed for original Sound
1 x LA4140 AF Power amp (9-SIP).
24 x 2SC536F TO-92 NPN Transistors. HFE ~250 (like the original TB303).
10 x 2SA733(AP) TO-92 PNP Transistors

I'm gonna get the pcbs and panels from adafruit but I was hoping someone could suggest a reliable place to pick up the rest of the bits. Obviously since i'm from the UK, a uk based supplier would be prefferable to cut down on postage etc. Thanks in advance.
Alex.

phono

Re: UK parts supplier needed.

Post by phono »

you should just order from gaetano, its a decent price that includes shipping plus you'll have the parts in about a week :wink:

mr aize

Post by mr aize »

You misunderstand mate. I've ordered those parts from him, what i'm looking for is a source for all the other non-rare bits. I was just hoping there was a uk supplier like the american firms mouser and digikey.

substyler

Post by substyler »

hi mr aize

maybe check digikey UK or Farnell UK

http://dkc1.digikey.com/uk/digihome.html
http://uk.farnell.com/

Farnell also sells known good 9VAC/0.5A wallwarts

cheers
SubStyler

phono

Post by phono »

mr aize wrote:You misunderstand mate. I've ordered those parts from him, what i'm looking for is a source for all the other non-rare bits. I was just hoping there was a uk supplier like the american firms mouser and digikey.
whoops my bad ;)

a nice cheap place in the uk i use is http://www.rshelectronics.co.uk

they will have all the capacitors/resistors etc, the only thing you will have problems with is the pactec case and mechanical parts (potentiometers, switchcaps, encoders) you'll most likely have to do use mouser/digikey anyway so end of the day you'll probably be better off using them for all parts you need. I had to on my self sourced x0x. It costs of course tho, shipping and import duty.

Another potential problem is the standoffs since mcmaster wont ship overseas, but you can always use metric ones and trim them a little (bit of a pain)

mr aize

Post by mr aize »

Thanks guys i'll look into them.

mr aize

Post by mr aize »

phono wrote: you'll most likely have to do use mouser/digikey anyway so end of the day you'll probably be better off using them for all parts you need. I had to on my self sourced x0x. It costs of course tho, shipping and import duty.

Another potential problem is the standoffs since mcmaster wont ship overseas, but you can always use metric ones and trim them a little (bit of a pain)
How much do they generally sting you on import/shipping btw? An did you have to trim the standoffs down? Sounds like a massive potential ass :lol: Still, was under no illusions this was gonna be easy.

phono

Post by phono »

mr aize wrote:
phono wrote: you'll most likely have to do use mouser/digikey anyway so end of the day you'll probably be better off using them for all parts you need. I had to on my self sourced x0x. It costs of course tho, shipping and import duty.

How much do they generally sting you on import/shipping btw? An did you have to trim the standoffs down? Sounds like a massive potential ass :lol: Still, was under no illusions this was gonna be easy.
no luckily vlady had some and was kind enough to send them to me 8)

erm shipping at digikey was reasonable, shipping at mouser was a sting since the pactec case is marked as "large" then since its outside the eu you need to pay vat on them (whatever the current uk vat is atm) then the post office will probably add some handling charge

its a pain, but to be honest its still worth it

BarryS

Post by BarryS »

mr aize wrote:

I just ordered all of the resisters, capacitors, case, etc. from Mouser, postage didnt cost any extra, Im based in Ireland.

**Edit: I ordered from the European Digikey site and the postage wasn't expensive at all.

profête

Post by profête »

hello

can you sale only one BA6110 Rohm OTA (9-SIP) please ?

or maybe you know where i can buy only one ?

thank :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0x shop”