User Intereface

Talk about YBoxen, widgets, Propeller hacking, etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
thetribster

User Intereface

Post by thetribster »

I just put together the yBox2, zero problems with the electronics - works like a champ. I am however confused about how to adjust the default widget (as far as I've gotten). The tutorial is different then the UI I see when going to the chip via the browser, I've attached a screen shot of what I see.
Acreen shot of yBox2 user interface
Acreen shot of yBox2 user interface
ybox_screen.jpg (204.34 KiB) Viewed 2831 times

Coniferous

Re: User Intereface

Post by Coniferous »

Pressing the button once quickly on the board will boot the preloaded widget.

When you first turn on the ybox it boots into a boot loader. You can use this app to update what it runs when you press the button. if you want it to boot directly to the widget turn on autoboot.

thetribster

Post by thetribster »

Thx.

I've tried lots of binaries from various spin projects (some work better then others) but now I can't get the infowidget to work again - it only displays (looks like) the data form the query (html code). Thought I saw an entry in the forum about this but I can't find it.

Also, it appears that the ybox code (original) samples don't work on the ybox2 - I can compile all but when running on the ybox2 they work to varying degrees - is that correct?

Coniferous

Post by Coniferous »

thetribster wrote:I've tried lots of binaries from various spin projects (some work better then others) but now I can't get the infowidget to work again - it only displays (looks like) the data form the query (html code). Thought I saw an entry in the forum about this but I can't find it.
The default infowidget ip address is wrong.
ada wrote:Please note the infowidget server address is now 72.14.176.143 be sure to update your widget!
Also, it appears that the ybox code (original) samples don't work on the ybox2 - I can compile all but when running on the ybox2 they work to varying degrees - is that correct?
The hardware on the ybox2 is different then the ybox. The original ybox used what was called an xport and it took care of the network related programming (is was also somewhat expensive), the ybox2 has a programming to take the place of the xport making it quite a bit cheaper. If you load some of the binarys from the ybox you'll generally get it displaying alright, but the network functions wont work correctly. Some of the other pin locations may be different as well.

presence

Post by presence »

thetribster wrote:Thx.
I've tried lots of binaries from various spin projects (some work better then others) but now I can't get the infowidget to work again - it only displays (looks like) the data form the query (html code). Thought I saw an entry in the forum about this but I can't find it.
If you are bouncing between YBox2 widgets, trying the alarm clock or infowidget, you will need to hit up your YBox2's settings webpage to update the widget's server IP address, hostname, and query string.

For instance, if you first use the alarm clock widget, your YBox2 will set itself to the US Navy time server's website to get the current time. If you then install the Infowidget, the infowidget will pull its "data" from the webserver the previous AlarmWidget did and you'll see HTML from tycho.usno.navy.mil's /cgi-bin/timer.pl.

To ge the Infowidget to display something pretty again, update your YBox2's settings through its webpage to use:
propserve.fwdweb.com
/?zipcode=89103

or, of course, your own webserver's IP address and your own page for the Infowidget.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “YBox2 (discontinued)”