Default Weather Widget

Talk about YBoxen, widgets, Propeller hacking, etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mblazer

Default Weather Widget

Post by mblazer »

I just got started. What a neat little box! I was able to load the Alarm Widget.Binary and it works fine. I tried to reload the Weather Widget (infowidget.binary) that I downloaded. It looks like it loads OK (24388 bytes written), but when it boots, I get what looks like the raw text for a web page that connects to tycho.usno.navy.mil. It does update, but I don't get the weather screen.
I also tried the TwitWidget and I just get the MAC address, IPv4 Address, DNS, Server ADDR, Server Path and Server Host lines. Nothing that looks like the examples on the web site.
I have gotten started with the programming side, but I would like to get the default program back up.

Mike

harrison

Re: Default Weather Widget

Post by harrison »

You'll need to reenter the server ip, host, and path settings:

Server Host: propserve.fwdweb.com
Server Path: /?zipcode=78705
Server Address (IP): 72.14.176.143

mblazer

Re: Default Weather Widget

Post by mblazer »

Thanks. That wasn't quite the solution, but it got me in the right area. The problem was in the following code (about line 100 in infowidget.spin):
if NOT settings.findKey(settings#SERVER_PATH)
if NOT \initial_configuration

The "findkey" was getting the saved settings from the alarm widet and not getting to the call to "initial_configuration". I commented the "findkey" line to force the settings.

On the plus side, setting up the Propeller tool, compiling and loading went just the way they are described on the website. Just read the instructions.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “YBox2 (discontinued)”