Can't see prop chip with P1 programmer

Talk about YBoxen, widgets, Propeller hacking, etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
extremis

Re: Can't see prop chip with P1 programmer

Post by extremis »

Okay. I redownloaded the .spin files and uploaded a stage2 binary, and all appears to be well.

I am trying to reproduce the problem seen before. LED still doesn't work, so I am going to replace it and see if a new one will. Are there certain 4 pin LEDs that don't work? I got mine from nkc.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

extremis wrote:Okay. I redownloaded the .spin files and uploaded a stage2 binary, and all appears to be well.
I am trying to reproduce the problem seen before. LED still doesn't work, so I am going to replace it and see if a new one will. Are there certain 4 pin LEDs that don't work? I got mine from nkc.
its probably the wrong kind of LED, yes

extremis

Post by extremis »

I replaced the LED, and now it is working.

However, I can't seem to save the zip code when submitting a new zip to the infowidget stage2. Every time it reboots it goes back to the default.

I still have pin7 on the eeprom soldered to vss. (It also seems that whenever I try to write a setting to EEPROM, the ethernet and reset switch stop working for a while)

Any ideas?

Also, I noticed that the reason DHCP, arp, etc wasn't working was due to the Linksys switch. I don't know why, but the ybox2 refuses to work on my 1000/100/10 workgroup switch. When I plug it into a netgear 48 port, it works (at least DHCP, HTTP, ARP, etc does).

Finally, whenever I touch the bottom of the PCB directly below the voltage regulator, the ybox2 will reboot. Could this be why I'm having so many problems? Perhaps there is something strange with my grounding?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “YBox2 (discontinued)”