DHCP not sending datagrams

Talk about YBoxen, widgets, Propeller hacking, etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
extremis

DHCP not sending datagrams

Post by extremis »

My ybox2 says "DHCP..." and it has link, and I see the network activity LED on the magjack flickering. However, there are no packets being sent from the ybox2 to my switch requesting DHCP.

tcpdump on the same segment shows no broadcast packets for dhcp, or anything traffic for that matter for the specific MAC address.

I'm looking at the .spin to try to troubleshoot, but I was curious if anyone else has had this problem and what the resolution was. Could this be a burned out enc chip? I mistakenly supplied 5V to the prop programming pins for about 30 seconds once. However, I am getting link, so at least some of it is working.

psyicman

Re: DHCP not sending datagrams

Post by psyicman »

I'm having the same problem. I don't know what I did other then leave it pluged in for a long long time, pluged it directly into my computer, and it finaly got an IP address. When I pressed the button to try the Info widget, it worked but then it said error. Now I'm having the same problem. I have a Mac but not getting an IP. I have more specifics under my original post Running Vista.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “YBox2 (discontinued)”