PIR + Wave Shield...?

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
purpulhaze

PIR + Wave Shield...?

Post by purpulhaze »

Bought a wave shield just to do the Electric Guard Dog project in Programming Your Home Automate with Arduino.... I've tried compiling numerous times but it will not compile. It also uses the older AF_Wave libraries. Every wave project I've tried using with the AF_Wave library I've had problems compiling or if it does compile the wave files don't play. I guess what I'm trying to do change the sketch to use the new wave libraries. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any help or info to point me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Programming Your Home Automate With Arduino, Android & Your Computer
Chapter 4 Electric Guard Dog pg 58
http://www.scribd.com/thomas_cooper_6/d ... r-Computer

adafruit_support_bill

Re: PIR + Wave Shield...?

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

WaveHC has roughly equivalent functionality to AFWave and it is possible to port from one to the other. There was a thread on the topic not very long ago.
Every wave project I've tried using with the AF_Wave library I've had problems compiling

What kind of errors do you get? All the old AF_Wave examples should still work.
or if it does compile the wave files don't play.
Have you been able to make the shield work at all?

purpulhaze

Re: PIR + Wave Shield...?

Post by purpulhaze »

I will try and reproduce the errors and post a lil' later. Wave shield is working. I have tested it with the wavehc examples and have even found a few other sketches online that uses this library. I have tried to rule out the sd cards by trying different ones and still for some reason I'm having problems with the af_wave library.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”