Wave Shield Help

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
yzhu12

Wave Shield Help

Post by yzhu12 »

Hello. I've finished soldering the wave shield several days ago. and lately I tried using it to play audio, but there seems something wrong involved. I know how to utilize library, daphc.pde file as well as SD card. Just need help for testing the whole circuit, since I am not confident with my soldering skill (i suppose the problem for me is soldering here).

Cuz when I tried to upload the file, there was no audio out from the headphone, but I noticed the two electrolytic capacitors C1 and C4 got extremely hot. But i am pretty sure they were mounted in the right way.

I've attached the photos as well, but it's not clear to see the details on them. Maybe can someone give me some advice on how to check where errors are?
Thanks in advance.
WP_000048.jpg
WP_000048.jpg (130.01 KiB) Viewed 289 times
WP_000046.jpg
WP_000046.jpg (134.09 KiB) Viewed 289 times

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Wave Shield Help

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The photos are a bit out-of-focus, but it looks like you may have the 74AHC125 level shifter chip installed backwards.

yzhu12

Post by yzhu12 »

You are right. :oops: I have not desoldered a IC chip before. is it ok to desolder it just using solder wick?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

You can usually remove them with solder-wick. A solder-sucker can be helpful too.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”