vs1053 keywords

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
johnl148

vs1053 keywords

Post by johnl148 »

Hello, I recently purchased the VS1053 Codec + MicroSD Breakout - MP3-WAV-MIDI-OGG Play + Record ID 1381 board and all the examples work great. My question is there a way to pause and or stop playback of the sound file. Thank-you. I know that there is a library for the SFEMP3Shield from SparkFun and it allows pausing and stopping. Is this available with the Adafruit_VS1053.h library?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: vs1053 keywords

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

There is a public member of the Adafruit_VS1053_FilePlayer class named "playingMusic". If you set that to 'false' it will pause the playback. Set to 'true' to resume.

johnl148

Post by johnl148 »

Thank-you for the prompt reply. I love ur store. I noticed a post somewhere on the forum that stated there would be a tutorial for this product by now, I think the post I read was dated Feb. of 2013. Thanks again and a list of 'keywords' for this product would be a good thing to have. Where can I find one?

johnl148

Post by johnl148 »

My apologies the post I read was dated last week not in Feb. of 2013. It would be good if there was a 'keyword' list, is the keywords just the items listed in the public section of the .h code? Thanks again for the prompt answers.

adafruit_support_bill

It would be good if there was a 'keyword' list, is the keywords just the items listed in the public section of the .h code?
I'm working on the tutorial and library reference now. But you can find all the keywords in the .h file.

johnl148

Post by johnl148 »

Thank-you for the Tutorial on learn.adafruit. It has been helpful. My question now pertains to the response of my last post.
There is a public member of the Adafruit_VS1053_FilePlayer class named "playingMusic". If you set that to 'false' it will pause the playback. Set to 'true' to resume.
. I don't know howto set it false. Can you elaborate on that.

adafruit_support_bill

Assuming you have a Adafruit_VS1053_FilePlayer object named musicPlayer as in the example code, you woiuld write:

Code: Select all

musifPlayer.playingMusic = false;

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”