Motorshield v2 Library HOWTO?

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
loopback127

Motorshield v2 Library HOWTO?

Post by loopback127 »

I have a feeling its just one of those things I'm missing even though it is right in front of my face (Like the bottle of soda in my fridge!)

Is there a DETAILED guide or tutorial for writing code to the v2 motor shield? I have seen (and uploaded successfully) the samples but there has got to be more then just that?

Thank you!

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Motorshield v2 Library HOWTO?

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Yes, this is a fairly new product and we don't have a library reference page in the tutorial just yet. However, the .h file is the definitive reference for what functions exist.

If can tell us a bit about what you are trying to do with the shield, we can help you with making it work.

loopback127

Re: Motorshield v2 Library HOWTO?

Post by loopback127 »

Thanks - you had me at "just yet" - that sounds promising like there is something in the pipeline! I understand it's new and so that is not a problem, wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything obvious.

As far as what I want to do, actually there is nothing in particular at this time, I like to "take it all in" before I start doing any actual work with the hardware. I want to make sure I understand the core functionality first... I'll keep an eye out for updates as well as keep a lookout online! (yes I have been told I tend to over analyze things in life!)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”