How to use CC3000 Shield with a breadboard

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ryanworcester

How to use CC3000 Shield with a breadboard

Post by ryanworcester »

Hi,

I just finished soldering all the header pins into my CC3000 shield. After testing everything it is working correctly and is ready to be used in my projects.

I'm embarrassed to say, but I'm stuck trying to figure out how to connect pins to a breadboard? It looks like the only way to do this would be to solder wires into the header pins? I've been searching the internet for a little while and am unable to find directions about how to use the shield for projects as opposed to the Breakout Board. It seems all the Adafruit tutorials are for the breakout board?

Is anyone able to help? I'm sure it's easy, just having a clueless moment.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

adafruit_support_bill

Re: How to use CC3000 Shield with a breadboard

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

There is a row of breakout holes running parallel to the headers. You can either solder you jumpers there, or install female headers to plug your jumpers into: http://www.adafruit.com/products/598

ryanworcester

Post by ryanworcester »

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your response. I figured I was missing something both obvious and important because I thought shields were supposed to be solder-less... haha

I wish I would have known that the shield did not include female headers. Being my first shield I guess I didn't realize what should be included and thought the included headers were the ones I needed? Now I have to pay separate shipping charges for a $2 item... :/

Maybe you guys should include them with the shield?

Thanks again for your help,

Ryan

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Maybe you guys should include them with the shield?
People use these in different ways. Some prefer stacking headers. Some need no headers at all. I like to use wing shields for connecting external components.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”