Problems with Bluefruit EZ-link shield

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jcsveth

Re: Problems with Bluefruit EZ-link shield

Post by jcsveth »

Hello - I seem to have a very similar problem but experience it on both my Mac and Windows machines. The project:
http://nw2s.net/product/nw2s-b/
has the bluetooth module connected to an Arduino Due. I can pair with it, transmit, receive, and reset it, but when I go to program it using the Arduino IDE 1.5.7 I get "No device found..."
Is this related and is there any other way I can troubleshoot it? The unit programs fine over USB and again, everything works under bluetooth except when trying to program.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Post a photo of your hardware and connections. We'll see if we can find anything.

jcsveth

Post by jcsveth »

Thank you for the reply, but after further work on Windows, I can get it to work on Windows but not on the Mac. I guess I do have the original issue...

doraemonz

Post by doraemonz »

same here!

solders looked a lot better last week though but connections are ok, no short circuit with good connectivity.
please help.

adafruit_support_mike

Some of your solder joints look teardrop-shaped, which can be a sign that the solder hasn't adhered to the PCB. Check our soldering guide for information about how joints should look (https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-gui ... -soldering) and reheat any joints that need attention.

If you still have the problems after that, post the code you're using and a description of the last few things that work correctly until the first thing that doesn't.

doraemonz

Post by doraemonz »

adafruit_support_mike wrote:Some of your solder joints look teardrop-shaped, which can be a sign that the solder hasn't adhered to the PCB. Check our soldering guide for information about how joints should look (https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-gui ... -soldering) and reheat any joints that need attention.

If you still have the problems after that, post the code you're using and a description of the last few things that work correctly until the first thing that doesn't.
I resolved the problem just by switching the computer from iMac & Lenovo i7 laptop PC to an MBA.
This is weird!

adafruit_support_mike

Hmm.. that sounds like the EZ-Link hardware is working, but there's some kind of Bluetooth issue on the Mac.

dww

Post by dww »

I received my Ez-link shield last week and have not been able to upload code to the shield in my Gentoo linux box. I took it to a friend place and used his window computer. The shield accepted code just fine. So we know the shield is working.

I receive the following error msg:
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "/dev/rfcomm0": No route to host
ioctl("TIOCMGET"): Inappropriate ioctl for device
I've done a lot of googling the past week and don't seem to see a solution. Is there any help or suggestions you might have. I've also tested this shield on Kubuntu and Crunchbang Linux without success.

Thanks
DWW

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

As it says on the product page, we don't support the EZ-Link on Linux. There are too many differences between distributions and too many problems.

dww

Post by dww »

Well it is the same error for all 3 Linux distro's. Oh, well I thought someone might have come up with a fix.

For the record the description says, and I quote: Linux is not supported at this time. Which given how long this product has been available I just thought that support might have been extended to include Linux. I'll consider this purchase my error and be more careful in the future when buying from Adafruit.

Thanks .

PS. As a Linux user I don't expect Adafruit to support all Linux distributions. Even If they chose just one say, Ubuntu which seems the most popular that would make me happy.

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

I don't think we have any plans to support Arduino programming under Linux with the EZ-Link at this time. Sorry.

RDragonrider

Post by RDragonrider »

Hello. I am a linux user and have this same problem. I have Ubuntu 14.04, but I have tried this on Raspbian and Ubuntu 15.04, with no luck. Windows works fine. I am getting the same stk_500 errors as most of the mac users. Does anyone have a suggestion?

dww

Post by dww »

This device is not supported for linux.

trafforddaniel

Post by trafforddaniel »

I just recently bought the new Adafruit EZlink Bluetooth shield v1.3 with the stackers, and I cant figure out how to get it to work. I have tried several different approaches however no matter what I do, I cant seem to be able to receive signal from my android device. I can pair my android to the Bluetooth shield (I believe I have done it right, it blinks fast at the "Conn" led once connected) however that seems to be all I can do. I am trying to make a remote control car with an L293D chip, yet I cant without figuring out how to get it to work. If I need specific code or if I need to wire it a certain way please let me know.

adafruit_support_mike

Post a photo showing your hardware and connections and we'll take a look. 800x600 images usually work best.

Make sure you post pictures showing your soldering

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”