CC3000 and gmail

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
BobBEng

CC3000 and gmail

Post by BobBEng »

Has anyone developed the code for connecting the cc3000 directly to gmail (or other smtp)? I have seen code for the ethernet shield but nothing on just using the cc3000. I would like to do something similar to the cat food bowl alert but with an email instead of a text message.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: CC3000 and gmail

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

I don't know of any SMTP or Gmail-specific code for the CC3000, but it shouldn't be too hard to mix and match. The CC3000 works at the data-link through session layers, while SMTP works at the protocol layer.

In human speech, that means the CC3000 doesn't care how you want to communicate with the server, it just makes a pipe that can carry data to another computer. A mailserver doesn't care how the data gets there, it just wants to see the right set of commands and data.

BobBEng

Post by BobBEng »

Is there an equivalency table showing the Arduino WIFI library compared to the Adafruit cc3000 library? This would help adapt cc3000 to code written for Arduino WIFI.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

I don't know of any such comparison.

jflarity

Post by jflarity »

I am searching for how to accomplish this as well. Have you made any headway?

I found this on GitHub https://github.com/crmchenry3/Arduino_S ... ersion.ino and have been trying to adapt it for use with the CC3000. No luck yet, but I'm trying.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”