FeliCa for PN532

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Teddydi

FeliCa for PN532

Post by Teddydi »

Hi, I would like to read an ID from an Felica card, with the pn532 from Adafruit. In the datasheet it's written that i can read it as well as ISO 14443A/Mifare (Classic) and ISO 14443B cards. But in the Arduino code i only find the readMifare programs.

So is anyone know how i would be able to read my FeliCa card?

Thanks

adafruit_support_mike

Re: FeliCa for PN532

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The PN532 hardware can communicate with type B and type F cards, but our software only supports type A cards. It was a tradeoff between completeness and code size. The encryption standards are especially hard to implement on an Arduino, given its limited memory.

Teddydi

Post by Teddydi »

Thus, to be able to read a FeliCa card, i will have to write a new Arduino code by myself?

ktownsend

Post by ktownsend »

That's correct. Unfortunately, Felica is very rarely used outside of Asia and it just doesn't make sense for us to support it given the overwhelming dominance of Mifare for low cost, easy to order 13.56MHz RFID cards. Implementing support for Mifare Classic with basic Ultralight support and documenting it was already a significant amount of development effort, and we wouldn't be able to reproduce the same support for Felica since (personally) I've never even seen a Felica card in the real world, and this is probably the first request we've ever had for them.

That said ... if you do implement anything around them, we'd be happy to integrate for them back into the code base.

Teddydi

Post by Teddydi »

Ok Thanks you for your quick response! I will see what i will do then!

ian70

Post by ian70 »

Hello,

Did you ever produce code for the Arduino accessing a FeliCa card? I'm interested as in Hong Kong, the Octopus transport payment system is based on FeliCa technology.

tomtobback

Post by tomtobback »

Hi, i managed to read FeliCa card ID's (Hong Kong Octopus type) by re-writing the library function, based on the PN532 user manual. more details on my blog http://lantaukwcounter.blogspot.hk/2015 ... -with.html

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Neat! Thanks for posting!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”