AFwave.lib Sound Shield

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
lanceb1

AFwave.lib Sound Shield

Post by lanceb1 »

I would really love to have this library and the example for the play 6 wave examples. I have tried the new libray but the example must be written for the mega as they mention pins that are not even on my uno... please don't disenfranchise those of us who happen to feel that old isnt always bad. I have a ton of old sd cards so capacity and my application is not a problem. The examples listed on the web page under the AFwave.lib category all point to the new library or result in a 404 error. I really need the play 6 wav that uses the analog inputs to trigger.

Franklin97355

Re: AFwave.lib Sound Shield

Post by Franklin97355 »

AFwave Lib
DISCONTINUED!
This documentation is for historical reference only!
AF_Wave is no longer supported or used, it does not work with the SDHC SD Cards, so we put it to pasture. Please use the superior WaveHC instead!

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I have tried the new libray but the example must be written for the mega as they mention pins that are not even on my uno...
What pins are those? The shield (and the example) were developed specifically for Atmega328 based Arduinos such as the UNO. All pins referenced in the code exist on the UNO.

Code: Select all

// Set the output pins for the DAC control. This pins are defined in the library
  pinMode(2, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(3, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(4, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(5, OUTPUT);

// pin13 LED
  pinMode(13, OUTPUT);

// enable pull-up resistors on switch pins (analog inputs)
  digitalWrite(14, HIGH);
  digitalWrite(15, HIGH);
  digitalWrite(16, HIGH);
  digitalWrite(17, HIGH);
  digitalWrite(18, HIGH);
  digitalWrite(19, HIGH);
Perhaps you are confused by the use of analog pins as digital pins. But thee are the same pins used in the AFWave Play6 examples.

lanceb1

Post by lanceb1 »

After more probing i did not even realize that you could use the analog pins as digital. The older script actually referenced them as A0,A1 etc....
It would be helpful if you were to annotate the new examples with comments corresponding to the analog pins.....

We live in a wonderful time, with so many cool products that allow anyone to create unimaginable things. Being a little older from an era of transistors, tubes i guess
i often forget how long it took to build anything electronically "that worked". I find that searching the forums by oneself often takes you in too many directions, mostly in the wrong direction. I appreciate your fast response and accurate information! I work in the tech field and my house has more wire, relays controls, computer and internet of things that you could imagine. I often regale to my wife that if anything were to happen to me, she should probably just move....... I greatly appreciate being able to get help from someone who actually knows the answer!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”