ProtoShield V6

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
IraSch

ProtoShield V6

Post by IraSch »

I just purchased a few of the new protoshield V6's. They seem very nice, well thought out, and simple to assemble, but I do have a question:

Besides the stacking headers and the 5V/GND 5-pin connectors and the ICSP connector, the kit comes with a string of pins. I know that you didn't include them because you had extras laying around the shop, so I'm wondering how they were envisioned to be used. I guess they could be used in place of the stacking headers to make a non-stacking board. But everything else on the board has been so well thought out that I suspect that there's a better idea behind including them.

I checked out the on-line assembly instructions, and they seem to go with a previous version of the board.

Thank you.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: ProtoShield V6

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Proto boards are designed for flexibility. You can build them up in whatever configuration suits your application. We provide basic components applicable to a variety of uses. If there are components you don't need for your current project, stash them in your parts bin for the next project.

Standard header pins can be used to build a non-stacking shield, or to create header pins for external connectors. I like to use them to build header arrays for servos and sensors. But you can use them for whatever purpose makes sense.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”