Adafruit Motor Shield V2 Command Library List / Syntax

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
alibob

Adafruit Motor Shield V2 Command Library List / Syntax

Post by alibob »

I have now spent two days reviewing all the videos and literature but I still cant find any information on the full set of available library commands other than the basic ones given in the nice Motor Shield Pdf document 35 to 45 but these do not tell you anything about the more detailed stepper motor commands and the required syntax. As an example where would I find details on the stepper1.moveTo (***) command that use in the Accel_MultiStepper example that you provide. There are also many other commands in this example that do not appear in your support docs. What I was expecting was at least a list of the available commands and how to use them just like that in the Arduino IDE help.

May be I am a little dumb and have missed something very simple in your support documentation and I would be grateful if you could direct me to the place where I can find this information.

Many Thanks

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Adafruit Motor Shield V2 Command Library List / Syntax

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

where would I find details on the stepper1.moveTo (***) command that use in the Accel_MultiStepper example
AccelStepper commands are not part of our motor shield library. They are part of the AccelStepper library which is documented at their site: http://www.airspayce.com/mikem/arduino/AccelStepper/

alibob

Post by alibob »

Thank you this is exactly what I was looking for and is there a similar example for the Adafruit_MotorSheild.h library or are all the commands detailed fully in the MotorShield pdf doc..

Alastair

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

This is the library reference. This information should be in the pdf as well.: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-mot ... -reference

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”