Music Maker w/ 3W Amp

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
dkadish

Music Maker w/ 3W Amp

Post by dkadish »

I'm looking at the Adafruit "Music Maker" MP3 Shield for Arduino w/3W Stereo Amp - v1.0 (Product ID 1788) and I have a question about power management. The TS2012 Breakout (that the 3W amp is based on) allows access to the Standby/Shutdown pins for both channels to put the amp into low power mode. Is there any way to put the built-in amp on the Music Maker shield into low power mode? Is that pin broken out somewhere?

Thanks,

David

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Music Maker w/ 3W Amp

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

I'm afraid the enable pins aren't broken out on the Music Maker.

They are broken out on the standalone version of the TS2012 though: https://www.adafruit.com/product/1552

You could combine that with a Music Maker without the amp.

dkadish

Post by dkadish »

:(

I noticed that there's a pin labelled "SPK OFF" on the board. I'm guessing that's for the VS1053, then?

Any idea (rough guesstimate) what the current draw for the board would be when it's playing audio (including the amplified sound)? Is there a way to put the whole board to sleep to conserve power?

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

dkadish wrote:I noticed that there's a pin labelled "SPK OFF" on the board. I'm guessing that's for the VS1053, then?
Actually, your eyes are better than mine. I missed that one in the list of pinouts.

The connections aren't obvious on the schematic but once I knew where to look I could trace the routing on the PCB. That one is connected to the amp's left and right channel cutoffs.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”