Brightness Problems | loose connector? with 2.8" TFT Touch S

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mfg_lucian

Brightness Problems | loose connector? with 2.8" TFT Touch S

Post by mfg_lucian »

Hello everyone,

I have an issue with my display. All demo sketches are working fine. My own sketch as well. But after a while (randomly between 30 min to 8h) the display turns a lot brighter. To be precise not the backlight is changing but every single color is getting brighter. Black becomes grey and so on. It's like lowering the contrast and setting a higher brightness on a computer display. But you can still read the display.

In this state when I put normal pressure on the side with the connector or when I touch the connector it turns completely white. Removing pressure will normally turn back to the bright display. Looks like a loose contact. Despite of the brightness the display and the capacitive touch are still working.

The only chance to fix this is a reset of the Arduino. Turning the backlight off and on works but it doesn’t fix the problem.

Curiously nothing happens when applying pressure on the screen or the connector when the issue is not appearing, everything works fine even for hours in some cases. There is no chance to force the issue to appear.

I checked the connector on the back. It looks perfectly plugged in. Is anyone experiencing the same problems? Any suggestions? Thanks a lot in advance!!!

By the way, I’m using an Arduino Mega rev. 3.

Bright Display:
WP_20150217_19_03_22_Raw (720x1280).jpg
WP_20150217_19_03_22_Raw (720x1280).jpg (302.66 KiB) Viewed 219 times
After Reset:
WP_20150217_19_03_38_Raw (720x1280).jpg
WP_20150217_19_03_38_Raw (720x1280).jpg (331.04 KiB) Viewed 219 times

Best regards,
Lucian

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Brightness Problems | loose connector? with 2.8" TFT Tou

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Try reseating the flex cable in the connector on the back of the PCB.

Pull the tabs at the ends of the connector out to release the cable, reseat it, and push the tabs back in again.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”