CC3000 lib vs Arduino lib

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ecdowney

CC3000 lib vs Arduino lib

Post by ecdowney »

Hello. I have the Adafruit CC3000 Arduino WiFi shield (PID 1491). All the examples using your library work fine, well done.

However, I have some server code from another project that uses the Wiznet W5100 wifi chip and the standard Arduino IDE ethernet library which I would like to leverage on the CC3000. Looking at this header file from the Adafruit library suggests there is a compatibility layer to make your CC3000 library look like the Arduino library but I am not finding that to be the case. For example, compiling this sample server sketch from the Arduino library immediately gives errors such as 'EthernetServer' does not name a type and indeed grepping the entire source for the CC3000 library I do not find this defined anywhere.

So my question is: is there a technique that allows me to write code for the CC3000 that follows the API of the Arduino ethernet code?

Thanks for your time.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: CC3000 lib vs Arduino lib

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The CC3000 library isn't a drop-in replacement for the Arduino Ethernet library.

The Adafruit_CC3000_Server.h header defines a wrapper class (Adafruit_CC3000_ClientRef) that's generally compatible with the way the Ethernet library works, but you'll still need to adjust your code to use it.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”