wave shield

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
dave_ward

wave shield

Post by dave_ward »

I assembled my wave shield and copied the play6_hc.pde code but when I push the button I get couldn't open file sound1.wav I have tried all the buttons and get the same answer couldn't open sound2 or which ever button I press I loaded the daphc and it plays files just fine I am new just starting out in electronics and so far having a lot of fun

adafruit_support_rick

Re: wave shield

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

daphc works correctly? You must have something wrong with the way the files are stored on your SD card. Can you post a screenshot of the directory listing of your SD?

dave_ward

Post by dave_ward »

thanks for the quick response I couldn't figure out how to post a screen shot. I could do the screen shot and paste to email or word document but not here
I did check the directory and noticed that when I checked it using sdcard sketch the file names are SOUND1~2.WAVE
so I went into play6_hc.pde code and changed it added the ~2 to each file and it works fine now. windows must add that ~2 by itself
I had read in one of the other post to use all caps and I changed the file names to match the sketch when I put the sd card in the computer it shows the file names as I typed them
anyway thanks again I look at all the cool things people make and cant decide what I am going to do next

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

dave_ward wrote:I checked it using sdcard sketch the file names are SOUND1~2.WAVE
The SD file system wants file names in 8.3 format. That is, 8 characters of file name, and 3 characters of extension. If the name was truncated to "SOUND1~2.WAV", then it was originally longer than 8 characters when you copied it to your SD.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”