CC3000 WiFi Sield and SD Conflict

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Billr083046

Re: CC3000 WiFi Sield and SD Conflict

Post by Billr083046 »

I am new to this so please be patient as I need to understand the process of acquiring data and sending it over wifi.
Adafruit Ardiuno Uno Adafruit HUZZAH CC3000 WiFi Shield.
I do not yet have the parts as they are in transit.
Goal of project is to acquire differential pressure across AC filter, measure temperature before and after cooling coil of air handler. Measure outside air temp at ac condenser,time of day for each data point. When differential pressure reaches a set limit tell me to check filter.
I am reading some of these posts and it gets a little confusing.
I want to read in analog data save to sd card file. when complete send sd card data file to a network storage drive.
If I cannot connect to network drive for some reason keep data file on sd card.
when analog data is scheduled to be read again create another data file on sd card and save data to new file then send to network drive.
If data file is transferred to network drive erase file and create a new data file
Data files= Data.csv possibly 2kb in size.
Do I FTP the data?
How can I tell if data was not transmitted to network storage
can I send a text message?
Any comments suggestions would be very helpful. If this is confusing you think what it is doing to me
Thanks
Bill Roberts

dfbrown

Post by dfbrown »

Bill, I am attempting to do the same thing. That is, acquire analog data (temperature and humidity). store it into a CSV file and transfer it periodically to my PC. I am attempting to use FTP (File Transfer Protocol) to transfer the file. I have been working on this for some time - having difficulty with the FTP connection.

I don't know if your network storage drive supports FTP, but, if it does, I'll be glad to show you what I have setup and help you any way I can. When/if I get it working, I'll post the sketch.

Derwin Brown

Billr083046

Post by Billr083046 »

Yes I have a Seagate Nas 110 setup for FTP Anonymous port 21 it has an IP 10.0.220
My ardiuno has an IP 10.0.17. Do I need my router to be setup for FTP also
I do not know if this is correct but it should allow me to go straight to the Nas with out logging into it as it is setup as a public folder on my network.
I have all my parts setup and have run many of the sketches to make sure everything is working. and so far everything has been fine.. the Adafruit CC3000 so far works with the buildtest example. The link that I am missing is the network portion. Any help would be gladly appreciated

Thanks Bill Roberts

dfbrown

Post by dfbrown »

Why don't you open another post for this session.

dfbrown

Post by dfbrown »

adafruit_support_mike, I don't know if you saw my post with the stripped-down code. We had another post from someone else on a new topic, and it may have caused some confusion.

dfbrown

Post by dfbrown »

Hello Adafruit, have we abandoned this issue?

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

We don't have any solution for your project code - you may just need to spend time debugging and figuring out what could be hanging your code, or migrate to a differnet chip/platform

dfbrown

Post by dfbrown »

Ok

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”