MOTORSHIELD V2: Cannot get it to work with PCDuino

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Mbos01

MOTORSHIELD V2: Cannot get it to work with PCDuino

Post by Mbos01 »

Hi, I've been trying to get the motorshield v2 to work with a pcduino v1 but no matter what I try, it won't work. The shield is connected to the pcduino by a t-board, all leds are lit and the hardware setup is ok. I run a pcduino Linux distro, with Arduino ide version 1.5.3. (pcduino does not have any higher version available at this time) When I try to install the v2 motorshield library (as zip) it returns with an error. Something about an incorrect filename. I renamed it to motorshield.zip but still the same error. Then I manually unzipped the file and found that I was able to import the library when I choose the following folder structure: folder/subfolder/files and more subfolders. I was then able to pick the DCTest from the examples, as it was a dc motor I wanted to test, however when I try to validate the file it complains about severall files missing. This is because my folder structure (folder/subfolder) is not allowed. All the files have to be in folder, not subfolder. Whenever I choose to put the zipcontents straight in the top folder the Arduino ide crashes on load. (error loading libraries) I also tried copying the library manually to the schetch folder but this also is without success. To be sure I downloaded the latest version of the Arduino ide to my Windows laptop. I was able to install the library and verify the file with succes. Does anybody know if (and how) motor shield v2 can be used with pcduino v1?

Cheers!
Martijn.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: MOTORSHIELD V2: Cannot get it to work with PCDuino

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

It sounds like this issue is something specific to the PCDuino environment.

We are not PCDuino users and we don't have any way to reproduce the problem here. LinkSprite should be able to help you to get the libraries installed in their system.

Mbos01

Re: MOTORSHIELD V2: Cannot get it to work with PCDuino

Post by Mbos01 »

Thanks for the swift response! I will contact Linksprite for this!

Cheers!
adafruit_support_bill wrote:It sounds like this issue is something specific to the PCDuino environment.

We are not PCDuino users and we don't have any way to reproduce the problem here. LinkSprite should be able to help you to get the libraries installed in their system.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”