need help on cc3000 shield *newbie here*

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
fahmijaafar

need help on cc3000 shield *newbie here*

Post by fahmijaafar »

HI there, i just finished building a project using arduino mega as a controller for petrol pump station. i use a few components such as ultrasonic sensor, relay, keypad, and LCD connected to the arduino for my project. since it was a success, i was assigned to upgrade the project to add wireless features to it. thus, ive selected adafruit cc3000 wifi shield to enable desired features. since i'm a total newbie to this 'shield' thing, i want to ask whether it is ok? for me to just attach the shield on top of the arduino and then connect back all pin that i've assigned before on top of the shield, or i need to make any changes before proceeding to edit my sketches.

* im confused since from my reading on arduino wifi shield, i cant be using pin12 and 13 since its for handshake or something. is it the same for this cc3000?
* for your information, for now ive used pin8,10,11,12,13,26,27,28,29,30,32,34,36,38,39,40,41,42,43,45,47,49,51,53,5v, and Ground. ive attach fritzing image of my current project too ;D

thanks for ur help.
fritzing.PNG
fritzing.PNG (161.28 KiB) Viewed 220 times

Franklin97355

Re: need help on cc3000 shield *newbie here*

Post by Franklin97355 »

There is a tutorial on using the shield here https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-cc3 ... 000-shield You will need to solder the jumpers as directed and you can't use the SPI pins for non SPI sensors and will need to assign additional CS pins for other SPI devices sharing the bus. You may need to make some hardware or software changes depending on your connections.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”