At my whits end

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
dingusmcgee

At my whits end

Post by dingusmcgee »

I have been through 2 of the arduino LCD kits and I have followed the instructions step by step. New to all this but I can follow instructions. All of the resisters are in place as described, pins in place as described and I cannot get any of them to work. One just doesn't do anything and the other wont back light and the contrast is all the way to the right and barely can see the digit boxes. No joy on the library install etc. Nothing seems to work.
Was going to do a project with this thing but so far I cannot get a single thing to function as described.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: At my whits end

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Please post photos showing all your soldering and connections.

dingusmcgee

Post by dingusmcgee »

Too late. I gave all of it away. I know I know...$200+ worth of stuff just given away. But I figure after a few months and I cannot even get an LCD screen to work...well It tells me my project wont work because I am incapable of the simplist of tasks. The soldering was solid. The only thing I could have done would have been to put the wrong thing in the wrong place even after following a step by step guide. I have a heck of a lot of Pi stuff and that's going away too. Judge me how ever you want but I imagine after two months of constant failures of even simple things you might get a little cranky and frustrated too.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

There is always help here in the forums. This is the place to ask for help when you encounter problems such as that.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”