Data Logger supply voltage

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
newogn

Data Logger supply voltage

Post by newogn »

Hello,
So i have a sd data logger that I was just experimenting with and I left it in the window for 3 days to log the sunlight. I pulled out the SD card and looked at my data and found that a good majority of it is just 0 and the vcc read "inf". So does that mean there is something wrong with my powersupply? I am using an apple usb power supply and just plugging it into the usb port on the arduino. the readings never stopped completly but maybe they got too small to read because the vcc got too low??? the moment before the readings stopped the vcc reads rediculously high like in the thousands. Hopefully I can get some clarity on this problem.
Brad Sogn

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Data Logger supply voltage

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

A properly functioning USB power supply should be able to provide more than enough power to drive the data logger. It could be you have a marginal connection somewhere. Please post photos showing your soldering and connections to the board.

newogn

Post by newogn »

I will try to do that tonight, Do I need the jumper going from the 3.3v to the Aref pin???

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

If you specify an analogReference() of EXTERNAL, then you will need a jumper. Otherwise it will default to the internal 5v reference.
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/AnalogReference

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”