2.4" TFT LCD ILI9341

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
MikalT

2.4" TFT LCD ILI9341

Post by MikalT »

I've purchased your 2.4" TFT LCD ILI9341 and I have, I believe, followed the videos, schematic, sketch to the letter, I've closed the IM1, IM2 & IM3 jumpers for SPI; changed out my M/M jumpers from the ILI9341 to my Uno. I've uploaded the GRAPHICSTEST example sketch. When I open the serial monitor, I see the results of the GRAPICSTEST sketch.

I uploaded the TFTPAINT sketch and still nothing. The backlight is on, so I believe that the ILI9341 is working. But, I can't see colors or text or graphics at all. Can you please help me?

Thanks!
Mike

adafruit_support_mike

Re: 2.4" TFT LCD ILI9341

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Does the TFT display the correct output when you run the graphicstest sketch?

MikalT

Post by MikalT »

hello A_S_Mike... the top of the results are 0x0 and the last half, well, I'm not sure, but I posted a screenshot of my results. Thanks for your help!
MikalT
Attachments
graphicstest_results_25Jan16.png
graphicstest_results_25Jan16.png (14.18 KiB) Viewed 858 times

adafruit_support_mike

Sorry, I wasn't clear. Do you see the lines/shapes/text/etc on the TFT when you run the graphicstest sketch?

MikalT

Post by MikalT »

No, A_S_Mike, I don't see lines, shapes and text on the TFT, but I found that I had mis-pinned one of the connections and I do see more on the serial monitor now... all I see is the backlight...
Attachments
TFT_setup.jpg
TFT_setup.jpg (134.33 KiB) Viewed 821 times
graphicstest_results2_26Jan16.png
graphicstest_results2_26Jan16.png (11.58 KiB) Viewed 821 times

MikalT

Post by MikalT »

Hi Mike,

Any ideas?

Thanks,
MikalT

adafruit_support_mike

Post a photo showing the back of the TFT breakout please, where the flex cable enters the connector.

MikalT

Post by MikalT »

Here you go Mike...yeah, may want to check out those IM1, IM2 and IM3 solder connections. The PCB up close looks pretty good, I think...
Attachments
ILI9341_back.png
ILI9341_back.png (647.99 KiB) Viewed 775 times

adafruit_support_mike

The jumper connections look okay, but the flex cable may be sitting askew in the connector. Try reseating that and see if it helps.

Pull the black tabs at both ends of the connector toward the slot to release the cable, remove the cable completely and then fit it back into the connector, making sure it's all the way in, then press the tabs back to clamp the cable in place.

MikalT

Post by MikalT »

Hi A_S_Mike, Well I did as you said, unlocked the tabs, and removed the ribbon entirely from the connector. Then I took a small piece of electrical tape, gently put it on the ribbon and pulled the ribbon back into the connector and tried as best as I could to re-seat the cable in the connector. I locked the tabs and gently removed the tape. Then I powered it up again and re-uploaded the "graphicstest" sketch. The results on the serial monitor are the same, but now the display gets very slightly dimmer and then slightly brighter... dimmer and then a little brighter. Not really dim, just a little less bright... and this cycles over and over. Any ideas? I almost want a new TFT, unless you have other suggestions. Thanks, MikalT

adafruit_support_mike

It sounds like something is wrong with the display driver.

Send a note to [email protected] with a link to this thread and your order number. The folks there will get you a replacement.

(#2478)

MikalT

Post by MikalT »

Adafruit_Support_Mike,

Thank you for all of your help with my 2.4" TFT LCD; I have written to the support group with the order number and forum link so I should be hearing from them pretty soon...

MikalT

MikalT

Post by MikalT »

Hello AdafruitSupportMike,

I received the replacement TFT LCD and was about to solder the pins to the IC when I noticed that on one side of the circuit board the holes are lined up with the header pins of my Arduino Uno R3; however the on the other side of the IC... the holes are misaligned with the Uno's header pins. I have tried several combinations and can't get my Uno's header pins to align with the new TFT LCD circuit board. Can you please help me with this?

Thanks,
MikalT
Misaligned_holes.JPG
Misaligned_holes.JPG (86.72 KiB) Viewed 676 times
Aligned_holes.JPG
Aligned_holes.JPG (82.11 KiB) Viewed 676 times

adafruit_support_mike

The board is a breakout, not a shield. It has 0.1" pin spacing on both sides, and its signals don't line up with the headers on the Arduino. The photos you posted originally show it connected as it should be, in a breadboard.

ddhh

Post by ddhh »

Hello, i get a display shown in the photo below I tried the library ili9341 but it is not working. Does anybody know what could probablly be the problem.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (36.78 KiB) Viewed 562 times

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”