Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

AVR Studio and Fuzebox
Moderator: adafruit

AVR Studio and Fuzebox

by polbit on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:28 pm

Me again... The Fuzebox being my first microcontroller project, I have lots to learn. One thing I can't get past is trying to use AVR Studio to program it via FTDI cable. I have the latest FTDI drivers and WinAVR installed, and AVRdude works fine, but AVR Studio just doesn't find the Fuzebox, no matter what I do.

The computer is a Vista machine if that matters... I would appreciate any help!

Chris
polbit

Re: AVR Studio and Fuzebox

by adafruit on Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:54 pm

avrstudio doesn't 'play nice' with the ftdi cable since its a hack (bootloader) instead of a 'real live programmer'
you can use it in disconnected mode, and then upload the hex manually. or perhaps theres a way to use avrdude from within avrstudio

adafruit

by keithkml on Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:09 am

Unless perhaps I missed it, it would be great to mention this in the "Uze it!" tutorial. Coming from a Java background, knowing nothing about AVR programming, this would have removed one node from the web of confusion I've found myself in. :)
keithkml

by adafruit on Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:09 pm

ill go in and fix it up soon. i have to re-work it!

adafruit