ladyada.net is going to broadway! (ok well, not exactly)

Forum announcements

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit

ladyada.net is going to broadway! (ok well, not exactly)

Post by adafruit »

Yes you heard it here first (in case you havent heard it elsewhere) I'm going to NYC to work on Open Source hardware and kits and stuff as a funded R&D fellow at Eyebeam, a gallery in Manhattan (chelsea).

What does this mean?

First, ladyada.net will be colo'd at a really fast machine soon (yay) which means there may be a slight bit of downtime (boo)

Second, I quit my job (at a wonderful company, Aware Technologies) so now I have more time to read blogs, er i mean, work on rad electronics projects! And they're paying me to do it too!

Third, I can/will be holding awesome events there, so people in the NYC area can come by for them. (Or if you have some ideas about what Eyebeam should be doing, let me/us know)

Fourth, you can buy kits from the Eyebeam shop (woah)

and probably some more stuff. Ok people, lets be happy!
Last edited by adafruit2 on Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

moogah

Post by moogah »

Open source kits sound cool. DSP stuff by chance?

chaostic

Post by chaostic »

East Coast Jersey Love <3

zero01101

Post by zero01101 »

congrats, yo!
way to quit the job :D

chairman meow

Congrats

Post by chairman meow »

Congrats! A paid job doing open-source hardware is just about the only thing better than one doing open-source software, I'm envious.

stevenclements

Post by stevenclements »

Groovy

cooperharris

Re: ladyada.net is going to broadway! (ok well, not exactly)

Post by cooperharris »

you are amazing ladyada,you are my kind of BANNED ,good luck on anything you want to get, I am sure you will.

ladyada wrote:Yes you heard it here first (in case you havent heard it elsewhere) I'm going to NYC to work on Open Source hardware and kits and stuff as a funded R&D fellow at Eyebeam, a gallery in Manhattan (chelsea).

What does this mean?

First, ladyada.net will be colo'd at a really fast machine soon (yay) which means there may be a slight bit of downtime (boo)

Second, I quit my job (at a wonderful company, Aware Technologies) so now I have more time to read blogs, er i mean, work on rad electronics projects! And they're paying me to do it too!

Third, I can/will be holding awesome events there, so people in the NYC area can come by for them. (Or if you have some ideas about what Eyebeam should be doing, let me/us know)

Fourth, you can buy kits from the Eyebeam shop (woah)

and probably some more stuff. Ok people, lets be happy!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Announcements”