I'm glad we found you

Forum announcements

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
IslandBill

I'm glad we found you

Post by IslandBill »

After struggling with poor quality and bad design of components made in sweat shops overseas, I am very glad to see an innovative company right here in America that seems to pay attention to doing things the right way. Now we can spend our money well instead of throwing down a hole.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: I'm glad we found you

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Welcome to Adafruit!

IslandBill

Post by IslandBill »

Thank you Ada it's good to be here.

Just received our ultimate gps breakout today and I've run it through the basic tests using an Arduino Uno. Simply superb. The sketch I downloaded and your instructions in the learning section were very helpful. While there was nothing exactly new there in terms of information, I was so glad to see how well thought out the instructions were -- it gave me a great deal of confidence that I would be able to find the correct information on your products when needed.

Even though I did these tests indoors the module was able to get a lock on 8 satellites and after a few minutes had the location accuracy down to within about 20 feet. I'm not sure if the fact that I live in a wood structure that is over a hundred years old has anything to do with that, but it was encouraging nonetheless. These units will be installed in octocopters and so the accuracy is very important along with reliability.

Thanks so much for a good product. We'll be making our electronic component purchases for all of our projects from Adafruit in the future.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Even though I did these tests indoors the module was able to get a lock on 8 satellites and after a few minutes had the location accuracy down to within about 20 feet.
Those are excellent results for indoors. Thanks for the feedback and good luck with your project.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Announcements”