UPS shipping cost

Forum announcements

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
vertamps

UPS shipping cost

Post by vertamps »

Adafruit.jpg
Adafruit.jpg (744.39 KiB) Viewed 1493 times
For such a small envelope package, not even a box i am surprised the shipping cost came to $11.88. I did choose 2nd day shipping (3day/ground was like $10.25) but that was negated do to Adafruits UPS contract to not deliver on Saturdays. I do suggest you open your doors to FedEx or work Saturday deliveries into your contract with the UPS if you can. Still better than giving money to the USPS.

Having said that i wouldn't want the nightmare of setting up logistics on a smaller company budget. I understand it probably includes the packaging cost and paying employees to package the parts and such. Time spent packing is time and money lost.

adafruit

Re: UPS shipping cost

Post by adafruit »

thanks for the post - for 2nd day air from NY to MI that's correct, you can use the UPS tool online (https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request?loc=en_US) to get an estimate as well (your cost would be about $19.58). we do not offer saturday service at this time for UPS, it's not a contract thing, we just have not had enough demand to add it vs the costs for the customers yet.

thanks,
adafruit support

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Announcements”