International shipping?

Forum announcements

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
steverobey

Re: International shipping?

Post by steverobey »

I have just attempted to submit an order but i am told that shipping is not supported to the UAE, and the checkout wont process the order any further-- However i have placed two orders in the past with no issues (the checkout has allowed me through)
Can you please suggest a way round this issue?
It may be possible that what you are ordering is restricted for export to UAE. This link might help but it might not.

http://pe.usps.com/text/Imm/tz_017.htm

anaramo

Post by anaramo »

[quote="johnnycr100"]Posting to Abu Dhabi UAE.

Hi There,

I have just attempted to submit an order but i am told that shipping is not supported to the UAE, and the checkout wont process the order any further-- However i have placed two orders in the past with no issues (the checkout has allowed me through)
Can you please suggest a way round this issue?

regards

I have the same problem. The support adafrut, silent.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

There are shipping restrictions on some products and to some locations. Without any further information about your order, it is impossible to speculate what restrictions are applicable. If you contact [email protected] with a link to this thread they may be able to tell you what the issue is with your order.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

We do not ship to some locations (it changes from time to time as well). If your location is not available please check out our distributors section:
https://www.adafruit.com/distributors

anaramo

Post by anaramo »

adafruit_support_bill wrote:There are shipping restrictions on some products and to some locations. Without any further information about your order, it is impossible to speculate what restrictions are applicable. If you contact [email protected] with a link to this thread they may be able to tell you what the issue is with your order.

I live in Azerbaijan. My brother lives in USA. I did not get to pay the local card payment, and Send to USA. what do you say about this?

adafruit_support_bill

I live in Azerbaijan. My brother lives in USA. I did not get to pay the local card payment, and Send to USA. what do you say about this?
Many credit card companies will not approve purchases shipped to a a different address.
If you contact [email protected] with a link to this thread they may be able to tell you what the issue is with your order.
Also please check out our distributors section. There may be a distributor closer to you.
https://www.adafruit.com/distributors

johnnycr100

Post by johnnycr100 »

Hi thank you for the reply

, i guess my point is that i have placed two recent orders to Adafruit previously with no delivery issues, now i suddenly find the check out on the shop site says postage to the UAE cannot be supported ????? (i only received my last order 3 weeks ago!)

regards

Johnny

adafruit_support_bill

I understand your frustration, but I don't have an answer for you. International orders are subject to changing regulations and policies from governments, the carriers and the credit card companies. I handle technical support and do not have visibility into the order processing system. If you send mail to the link posted above, they may be able to give you more specifics about your order.

johnnycr100

Post by johnnycr100 »

Thank you for your reply Bill, it really is a misery as none of the items on order conflict with the banned items list in the link and about a month ago it was fine to place what in effect is a very similar order!! (also it costs Adafruit as its depriving them revenue from willing customers).....there appears to be logic to this???

regards
johnny

steverobey

Post by steverobey »

As was mentioned above, shipping restrictions change often and they are sometimes specific items but not always. There may be a reason that currently bans international shipping to a specific country all-together.

And speaking of cost, Adafruit is paying guys like Bill to answer everyone's questions already. They already know that at-least half of the orders they ship are likely to run into problems somewhere along the line, that's just logistics. Sometimes these things can be helped and sometimes, unfortunately, they cannot.

I think in this particular situation it would be best to look into possible local distributors.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Announcements”