International shipping?

Forum announcements

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
steverobey

International shipping?

Post by steverobey »

So I just built the 8x8 led matrix powered by a trinket and posted a video of it on Facebook and now have a lot of friends interested in making one. One of these guys lives in Holland though. Do you ship internationally or know of any vendors there that are selling your stuff?

Thanks in advance Adafruit support staff and may the force be with you always.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: International shipping?

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

We do ship worldwide. We also have a number of European distributors. Purchasing from a local distributor is likely to be faster and save on shipping costs.

steverobey

Post by steverobey »

Thanks for the reply on this. I actually heard back from that friend who has found a few nearby distributors of Adafruit products. I'm not sure if he's found everything he would need to build the space invader pendant but last I heard he had found most of the parts he would need. I also recommended the Trinket pro lipo backpack since it's relatively small and is definitely necessary if you want to build a more complete and sealed project that doesn't have to be taken apart to charge the battery. I'm enjoying writing different bitmap code for mine and have even worked out how to make scrolling text given that I'm basically drawing each letter a pixel at a time and moving everything left one spot each frame.

This got me thinking that there's got to be a relatively easy way to take a line of text and convert that to data that the trinket can use. I'm still looking for something that's already done though I think I pretty much have it worked out in my head. Do you know if anybody has done this already?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The GFX and LED Backpack libraries support drawing text on the matrix displays. It is probably too big to fit in a trinket in its entirety, but there should be some pieces you can use.

steverobey

Post by steverobey »

Yeah, I'm sure I could make it work, right now I'm just trying to decide if starting another project is the best Idea for me right now, I currently have 6 or 7 open ended projects and I think I might be made to sleep outside if I start another one. Better finish my robot first since there's currently robot guts and breadboards out everywhere.

pimass

Post by pimass »

Good afternoon. When i try to make another order faced with the following message
"Due to increased credit card fraud attempts on our site, we have permanently disabled certain shipping and billing addresses. If you believe your address has been flagged incorrectly, please Contact Us.".
When dealing with customer support manager told me that not to ship orders to BANNED (with the topic, you write that can be delivered all over the world). I would like to know the reason at the time did not order one and planned to do in the future. I would like to clarify the situation.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

I can't answer your question on shipping restrictions but have you checked the distributors in your area? You can find them here https://www.adafruit.com/distributors/

pimass

Post by pimass »

Page with regional distributors I've seen. but their price is at least two times higher than you, even considering shipping costs, besides all the goods they bring the order within two weeks. Why should I pay twice the price and wait twice as long?

anaramo

Post by anaramo »

Hello. I live in Azerbaijan. You are not shipped to my country. How do I order?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Thanks for the posts, if we do not ship to your location please visit our distributors:
https://www.adafruit.com/distributors

anaramo

Post by anaramo »

adafruit wrote:Thanks for the posts, if we do not ship to your location please visit our distributors:
https://www.adafruit.com/distributors
Thanks for the reply. In my country, there is a company which is engaged in the delivery of goods from the United States. When I quote on the site billing address, the site gives me this error. "Due to increased credit card fraud attempts on our site, we have permanently disabled certain shipping and billing addresses. If you believe your address has been flagged incorrectly, please Contact Us."
Make it so that I could use a local billing address. Help solve this problem.

thanks in advance.

steverobey

Post by steverobey »

Have you guys tried ordering Adafruit products from Amazon.com? 95% of the inventory is also sold there BY Adafruit and their partners.

anaramo

Post by anaramo »

On Amazon small choice products adafruit. And the price is much higher. :-)

steverobey

Post by steverobey »

On Amazon small choice products adafruit. And the price is much higher. :-)
Paying a little more may unfortunately be the only resolution to the issue you previously described.

johnnycr100

Post by johnnycr100 »

Posting to Abu Dhabi UAE.

Hi There,

I have just attempted to submit an order but i am told that shipping is not supported to the UAE, and the checkout wont process the order any further-- However i have placed two orders in the past with no issues (the checkout has allowed me through)
Can you please suggest a way round this issue?

regards

Johnny

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Announcements”