Xbee adapter driver

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
forestlicht

Xbee adapter driver

Post by forestlicht »

I was having trouble finding what driver(s) i need to install with the xbee, the adafruit adapter for xbee, and the FTDI Chip TTL-232R-3V3 usb cable. Also, which x-ctu software should i install for the xbee? i have a windows vista. Also, would all of the above software/drivers etc work on a 5.3 centos linux or would i need different software? If in response you could post the links of where these drivers/software/ tutorials to download drivers and software would be available, i would be beyond grateful,
Thank you! :D

Franklin97355

Re: Xbee adapter driver

Post by Franklin97355 »

Not sure what you need but you get the FTDI drivers from them and the xbee drivers from Digi. Both sites explain which drivers are needed for each device. As to centos you would need to find on the sites mentioned above which drivers are for your version of linux if they are available or perhaps the source code is available and you could compile your drivers from that.

forestlicht

Post by forestlicht »

you mentioned that each site should have it's own drivers, i'm just wondering if you could type in the the url link that would take me to that page that would tell me which software i need to download and the specific link i could use to download it? To be honest, im not sure of all the software and drivers or whatever else i need to install to get the xbee's and adapter kit up and running. Im not really a computer person, so if there's something other than the adafruit adapter kit driver and the xbee x-ctu software that i need to install, plz tell me. If there's a tutorial on what i need to install, plz tell me about it, thank you!!

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

What do you plan to do with these if you were able to find the drivers? If you are not experienced enough to find drivers on the web you probably will have trouble programming and connecting these into something useful. Please respond.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”