relay with status lights.

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
shmick

relay with status lights.

Post by shmick »

Saw the video with the xbee controlling a relay and was wondering if it would be possible to have the side with the relay report back to the xbee unit the status of the relay which could then be used by the remote xbee to light up a green or red LED based on the status. The plan is to switch a line level audio output from a remote location so I don't need any heavy duty relays.

Any advice and or circuit diags to make this happen would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

adafruit

Re: relay with status lights.

Post by adafruit »

yup, you could have a dual throw relay, then have the second relay be a basic switch from 0 to 3v. the xbee would use the DIO lines to report the switch

shmick

Post by shmick »

Alright.

So does this sound right?

LOCAL xbee:

Momentary switch hooked up to throw the 3PDT latch relay connected to remote xbee

SPDT relay triggered from remote relay to switch between 2 LEDs (red & green).

REMOTE xbee:

3PDT relay - 2 of the poles would switch 2 audio lines and the other pole would be send back to the xbee to report which side the relay is on (red or green).

I assume I can use DIO for the relay status at the remote end?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

yes! thats pretty much it, except the local xbee doesnt need to have a relay for the LEDs, just pick bright ones and use 1K resistor (you cnat draw more than 1 or 2 mA from the xbee pins) on the DIO pins
if you get it working, please post up a photo or diagram since it will be -very- handy for people to see!

shmick

Post by shmick »

Any suggestions on which relays and other parts to use? I've got the signal flow logic down, but I don't have the electronics parts aspect of it down yet.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”