Another Kill-A-Watt revision

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
caitsith2

Another Kill-A-Watt revision

Post by caitsith2 »

Seems there is more than 2 revisions of the Kill-A-Watt 4400 hardware.

Here are pictures inside of my revision.
102_1071.jpg
102_1071.jpg (468.93 KiB) Viewed 2403 times
102_1072.jpg
102_1072.jpg (486.4 KiB) Viewed 2403 times
I most definitely plan to convert this into a Tweet-A-Watt at some point.

henk

Re: Another Kill-A-Watt revision

Post by henk »

Does anyone have the schematic of the Kill-a-Watt ?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

cait, that is the first version. we had one but they're quite rare!

action

Post by action »

I also have this revision, Anything different to solder on the board? I did it the same way as in instructions, but now the Kill a Watt is fading in and out and is fluctuating between 105V and 130V...

osbock

Post by osbock »

I have two of these, and as mentioned in this post: http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=14685
Lots of trouble, which I think is related to the power supply. I've tried my tweetawatt setup in both with similar BANNED results.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

check your reset capacitor, make sure you soldered it in properly

kutch2001

Post by kutch2001 »

Am just getting ready to insert the tweet-a-watt into my power meter. Before I do it, has anyone safely put the assembled xbee and components into this revision? Looks to be a very abnormal fit and not sure where I can mount the hardware safely. Just ordered everything about a week ago.

Unfortunately (only due to the revision I have) followed the instructions to solder everything together. As such, the LED I have is a little too short to make it around some of the internal hardware as there is a big round thing in the way (says 100uf), which is preventing the xbee from laying flat if want the LED sticking out. Might try 'lengthening' the LED leads to give little more mounting room. Any other possible suggestions? Have thought about sticking the LED out the side as worst case scenario.

Don't have a camera to take a picture as dropped it when got home from vacation and get black screen, lol.. :oops: From the first post, my internal hardware matches everything shown in the pictures and model number on back label says P4400.

kutch2001

Post by kutch2001 »

I was able to successfully get it in and everything is working except for the LED, which not too worried about. Followed general guideline shown in one of the sticky's at the top, poking the led out the side. Receiving data through the terminal program, now just have to work through some other issues.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”