chat between xbees

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jcarrr

chat between xbees

Post by jcarrr »

Shouldn't it be possible to perform a simple minded chat between a pair of Xbee pros2b s (XBP24BZ7) using adafruit adapters and FTDI cables? No joy here.

I am following the tutorial in the Faludi book. All of the configuration goes fine using either AT commands or X-CTU. I promise that the parameters have been reset to factory default and only the three parameters as on pp 51-53 have been changed.

Zigbee router AT 22A7 firmware is in one device and Zigbee Coordinator firmware 20A7 is in the other.

I have used all four combinations of hyperterminal and X-CTU terminals. There is no difficulty communicating with either radio in any terminal program.

Not a bleep between them.

The green LED lamp blinks full time on each. Nothing ever from the red lamp. The radios are about 8 feet apart.

The adapters and cables have been used before and communication with the modem from the terminal package is no problem.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: chat between xbees

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Sounds like the adapters are working OK if you are able to use XCTU and the terminal programs. We don't sell any of the "pro" XBees and don't have much familiarity with their configuration. You might check over at the Digi forums for advice on these modules.

richms

Post by richms »

Should be fine, I have gone between a pro and a normal power one with a patch antenna without issue.

Just be sure you are using the same firmware revision on both and the settings are all on default and see how you get on.

jcarrr

Post by jcarrr »

The answer to the "should it work" question is yes?

Although I recall seeing it once, I cannot seem to find a description of the activity of the lamps. ?

Green power lamp lamp flashes continuously, red never that I can see.

jcarrr

Post by jcarrr »

It works like a champ.

After some advice, I saw that I skipped one bit of instructions and thought I could make up addresses on my own.

Thanks for the attention

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”