Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

Tweet-a-watt - Numbers Fading, Long Delay
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Tweet-a-watt - Numbers Fading, Long Delay

by maddhat on Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:59 pm

Assembled a tweet-a-watt today and having an odd issue. Instead of the 2 second expected delay between LED blinking it seems to be doing so every 7 seconds, and each time it does the display dims considerably. The voltage readings seem very off the entire time. I expected it to last the first 30 seconds or so, but even after 5 minutes of having it plugged in I received the same thing. I've triple checked all solder points, resistors, capacitor polarity, and wiring - but I'm stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
maddhat

Re: Tweet-a-watt - Numbers Fading, Long Delay

by franklin97355 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:03 am

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps in the tutorial? Again,We are unable to confirm that this post is not spam - please complete the captcha below and re-submit your post.
franklin97355

by adafruit_support_bill on Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:54 am

@madhat - try increasing the interval between reports. The Kill-A-Watt folks are always looking to shave a few more cents off the parts cost of the unit, so the power supplies are to the point where they don't have much power to spare for add-ons like the Tweet-A-Watt.

adafruit_support_bill

by maddhat on Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:05 pm

That appears to have done it! I set it to "FF" (255) and it took about 30 seconds to clear up - now working like a charm. Thank you for the help!
maddhat