Opening port seems to Kill Xbee

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
countzer0

Opening port seems to Kill Xbee

Post by countzer0 »

I have a FTDI cable and a Xbee adapter. I had this working(with a arduino/xbee on the other end) a couple of months ago and formatted my windows 7 system in the meantime so I am think the problem is related to the port/driver.

When the device is plugged in, the green led blinks at a regular rate(I think this is correct). When I open the comm port with either hyperterm or coolterm the LED goes off and sending +++ does not return an OK. At one point in my experimentation over the years, I thought there was something that needed to be done(OS-wise) to the comm port but I can't seem to find it.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

countzer0

Re: Opening port seems to Kill Xbee

Post by countzer0 »

I have tried it on a second Win7 PC and it is working correctly. The blinking led does not blink when connected and the red blinks when receiving data.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Opening port seems to Kill Xbee

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Make sure your com port is configured for the correct baud rate & no flow control: http://www.ladyada.net/make/xbee/configure.html

It might be easiest to compare the configuration with the machine that works and see what is different.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”